easiest way to seal off a trunk wall

What I did was I lined the part I was sealing covered in tape, made an MDF baffle around the outside for a base seal. Silicone/foamed the outside, another mdf layer to the sides (trunks an odd shape) with spray foam behind it (over more tape) and covered it all off with Alpha Damp so it's a flat surface. And to make it look pretty I sprayed it with black plasti dip. No difference in SPL open or closed anymore.

You all make sealing off the trunk way to hard of a project lol.
well i just need ideas. the last few i sealed off was peel and seal and cardboard. i wanted to see how everyone else does it. ill get on it this weekend.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

It would also be easy to add an equalizer to have individual rca inputs for all of the channels. A decent one can be had for less than $40...
Any indication that a loose wire may be the issue? I'd start by checking all the +/- connections to see if one has come lose or is starting to...
Disconnect the RCA's or hi-level input to the JBl amp. turn the system on, If the noise continues, it's a ground or noise issue with the amp.If it...
yall. I unplugged the radio harness and the antenna and plugged it all back in and it works. I guess its fixed… suppose it was the head unit...
Thank you all for all the replies, I intend to reply to each and every one individually as I test things out. Here's the latest development that...

About this thread

CAT MAN

5,000+ posts
Banned
CAT MAN
Roanoke,VA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date