enclosure volume for 10" AB xfl subs

i gonna bet that its per sub. .75 cu ft for a ported seems awful small

Edit: whoops.. misread your question. sorry

ive never ran 10s before, but 1.5 sounds slightly larger than the sundown sa-10s i was considering before i got the 12s.. i thing the 10s were 1 - 1.25cu ft per sub?

Let me clarify, my current enclosure is 3 cubic feet net. I wanted to see if it was possible to sneak the xfl 10's in the same enclosure. The current subs are tnt's 1044's

how much power/ what amp are you planning on running to these? i think ive read here before that having a larger box is ok, just dont overpower the subs..

im not an expert, just a guy that read here often. id hate to give false advise, so id prolly wait for a second opinion

I run 10s alot..Have 4 cuft @32 htz on a pair of HDS310s..sonds great..Ran a pair of XFL 10s in same enclosure and did well also.You should be just fine in that enclosure..Just watch it on the lows..but will work just fine..Run it!!

I run 10s alot..Have 4 cuft @32 htz on a pair of HDS310s..sonds great..Ran a pair of XFL 10s in same enclosure and did well also.You should be just fine in that enclosure..Just watch it on the lows..but will work just fine..Run it!!
do u like the hds3 better then the xfls?

do u like the hds3 better then the xfls?
I actually like the XFLs for all out SPL, and do great for the power handling..no doubt..but also like the HDS310s just as well as slamming and a bit more of SQL if you will..The XFLs seem to be a bit better built in my opinion,with being stitched as well as a heavier duty styled basket,and Ive never seemed to be able to discolor a coil on an XFL as I have with a HDS3, with same power and box for both..But both serve very well,and get down pretty nice when need be

I actually like the XFLs for all out SPL, and do great for the power handling..no doubt..but also like the HDS310s just as well as slamming and a bit more of SQL if you will..The XFLs seem to be a bit better built in my opinion,with being stitched as well as a heavier duty styled basket,and Ive never seemed to be able to discolor a coil on an XFL as I have with a HDS3, with same power and box for both..But both serve very well,and get down pretty nice when need be

I know the hds are more for sql so im wondering if the hdc3 since it has more xmax than the xfl if it will be louder with same box amp and everything.

I know the hds are more for sql so im wondering if the hdc3 since it has more xmax than the xfl if it will be louder with same box amp and everything.
No one can actually say for certain without trying both...Yet..It also is vehicle dependent more than anything..in my opinion

Ill bet that the HDC3.0 will ...and get pretty nasty doing it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.