Expert problem, stumped local audio guys. THE NOISE FROM HELL!!! need help

WOT

Banned
OK so my car went ape siht on me last night. Just started making some gawd awful noises through the speakers, weird high pitched tones and static. This tone changes with engine rpm, but not drastic, and it doesnt increase with the volume knob, music can be turned up and the noise can be drowned out, the subwoofers also seemed to be rumbling and were definetely moving a bit. BUT

obviously I gotta fix the problem, first thought was rcas. I pulled my headunit out and disconnected my rcas running to my speaker amp (kicker kx 650.4), but left the ones coonected to my Cadence txa1000D, the noise stopped, so I said screw it Im gona go buy a new set and see if it fixes it, bought a new set and installed them over the seats, didnt fix it. (both amps have there own set of rcas)

I disconnected the remote wire for my subs so the am would stop getting power and the subs would stop moving.

I then noticed that the noise was ALOT louder when the car was on, almost non existant (but you could hear it) with the car off. People said it might be my HU's ground.

So I grounded the deck right to the bare metal frame in the dash, I could wiggle the wire on the metal and the tone would change, but the noise was still there, so I got mad and ripped the ground wire off the bolt, the headunit turns off right, THE NOISE KEPT ON PLAYING!!!! (I think that rules out headunit)

The HU was off and the noise was still playing, BUT the amp for the speakers was still getting power. So I disconnected the ground for the amp and the noise stops...... I also did the same test but instead of disconnecting the amps ground I disconnected the amps remote wire and the noise also stopped

Theres more details if you need them just let me know, Id love to solve this tonight, as I have a huge road trip this weekend.

I should mention, the deck is a pioneer premier, amp is a kicker kx 650.4

I also got a tip to try and straight wire my speaker to my headunit, I did one speaker and it played perfectly. I think Ive proven the headunit not to be the problem.

Would my kicker amp be pooched or is there a chance its something else causing this problem? 4 chanel quality amps aint cheap!

yea sounds like its your speaker amp ground. Cuz all you did was unplug the remote wire which shuts off the power to the speakers. I would say it would have to do with your ground for your speaker amp. Since your subs were doing it to, i am gonna ask if you have both amps grounded in the same spot?

****! reground everything. except power wire of course //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Dont help this SCAMMER out that Pioneer Premier is my old one its a 860mp that we had agreed that I was going to send him in exchange for a Pioneer Avh-p5900dvd plus cash I kept my end of the deal this low life never kept up to his word he never sent out the unit or at least tried to pay me for my stereo. I emailed him plenty of times and never got a respond from him. The least you could do is pay me for the **** stereo

Dont help this SCAMMER out that Pioneer Premier is my old one its a 860mp that we had agreed that I was going to send him in exchange for a Pioneer Avh-p5900dvd plus cash I kept my end of the deal this low life never kept up to his word. I emailed him plenty of times and never got a respond from him the least you could do is pay me for the **** stereo
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.