Factory amp question.

Participant count
  • Participant list

KARLEON
10+ year member

Livin' Legend
I have a 2006 impala LT and i was told by a local dealer that it has a factory amp. Well i just purchased a Clarion nx509 nav unit and wanted it installed. He said i need some special type of harness that sells for 140 dollars to get that unit installed properly because of the factory amp. Well i was thinking i could just bypass that factory amp and run speaker wire from the unit to speakers. Now i know i should loose some output due to the fact i wont be running the factory amp, but does anyone know how big the factory amp is? I mean its a none bose factory system so i am thinking it cant be that big. Plus i was thinking since im running a decent aftermarket unit that it should be louder than the factory radio anyway and i shouldnt loose that much output. I mean, if anyone with experience could help me out on what decision to make that would be much appreciated. and if anyone know how big the factory amp is, that would also be alot of help. I really dont want to fork out the 140 for the harness, but if im going to loose a real noticeable amount of output then i wont try to take short cuts and go ahead and do the job rite.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.