FI Q.. SQ yes, but will it kill the lows and be loud?

I have an 18"Q in an extended cab truck. In a sealed box on a MTX81000D and its pretty sick. Dont let the label of a "SQ" sub scare you. 18" of cone and 1kw+ is going to be fuggin loud unless you do something horribly wrong.

lol k what i like to hear. Just curious rollingthunder, as im designing this box, i realized i could either go port forward, or port up. the subs i want firing forward. but im not sure how i feel about the port. i was told if subs and port firing in the same direction, it would cancel waves or somthing.

Some might disagree, but I'd say get 2 15 CVX if you have the room. You probably need about 8 cubes. Kickers get real low and loud in the right ported box. I've had other subs with bigger motors/magnets, surrounds, and xmax. The Kickers in almost every setup got the lowest. I'm just saying, IMO the Cvx is guaranteed. The Fi Q and lvl4 are good too. All of them will be loud if powered right, but the FI Q would be my last choice.

I did a side by side comparison with the Q and the CVX....while its not apple to apple comparison of 15Q and 12cvx, the Q hit the low with more authority and clean but not as clean as the brahma

I only read the first page of this thread so sorry if this has been mentioned. But i think you said you have 2000rms and lots of space? If so you might want to look into a Digital Designs 3518. It is rated for 1200rms but dont mind that. Those things play awesome on 2000rms daily. You will need a pretty big box but if you have the space for it I say go for it. Tune around 35 and that thing will slam your face in. And those subs can absolutely play down to 30 in a box tuned to 35. Just follow DD's specs on the box.

yeah ive always heard good things about DD subs. but i think im going to go with the Nightshade v2 18. just the 1 i think would blow my truck apart, so im pretty siked

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.