FI: Q vs Bl vs SSD 12"

dropkick13
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Md / Ny
I'm hearing tons of good stuff about Fi but I'm not sure which of these subs will fit my tastes best. I'm shooting for one 12". I like deep loud bass for my reggae and even for 'metal' . I like it vibrating the hairs on the back of my neck loud. But I listen to a lot of punk music which would need some good SQ especially for the double bass (not many subs keep up with it well). So, I know that the BL is the SPL sub, the Q is the SQ sub, and the SSD is kind of an entry level mix, but which would best fit my tastes? I can only afford one sub I only have 2 cu ft to work with. I figure I'll be best with a ported box tuned @ 35 hz (a little high to help the punk music).

What you guys think?

Also, Is the cooling option important? One of the used subs i'm looking at is a BL fully loaded EXCEPT the cooling.

you think 32 hz would be good for punk music?
I own a Q and most of what I listen to is punk,new wave, classic rock

BUY IT YOULL LIKE IT

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

I got the BP option.....I can afford too

but if your carefull you may not need it - I think its a great marketing tool

to offer something like a BP option even if its all BS..............

I got the BP option.....I can afford toobut if your carefull you may not need it - I think its a great marketing tool

to offer something like a BP option even if its all BS..............

Not marketing bs...

If you choose to run more power we have the option to accommodate you...helps keep the coil much cooler when you are beating on it.

If it didn't have a purpose, we wouldn't offer it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

Thanks!

Not marketing bs...
If you choose to run more power we have the option to accommodate you...helps keep the coil much cooler when you are beating on it.

If it didn't have a purpose, we wouldn't offer it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

Thanks!
We? you work for Fi then? What's your opinion for my tastes as far as which sub to go with?

For the Q, I suppose I would not need the BP option if i stuck to the rated 1000w but how much power can the sub SAFELY take on a daily basis w/ the bp power option? And how much of a difference will this additional power make in the sub's performance?

I'm buying used cuz im cheap so selection is narrow. I'm trying to decide if i should wait for exactly what i want (bp option) or if i should just take what i can get

Will the bp option make any difference on how much power is required? If you were to get the bp option, would you need to run it at a higher wattage or would it be the same.

Will the bp option make any difference on how much power is required? If you were to get the bp option, would you need to run it at a higher wattage or would it be the same.
You would be able to run it at the same wattage as one without the BP, the BP simply helps if you put more watts through than recommended.

We? you work for Fi then? What's your opinion for my tastes as far as which sub to go with?
For the Q, I suppose I would not need the BP option if i stuck to the rated 1000w but how much power can the sub SAFELY take on a daily basis w/ the bp power option? And how much of a difference will this additional power make in the sub's performance?

I'm buying used cuz im cheap so selection is narrow. I'm trying to decide if i should wait for exactly what i want (bp option) or if i should just take what i can get
Already replied to your thread on our forum //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

I suggested that you look into the Q...we highly recommend staying under 1300 watts, at that point things tend to get scary with the Q...in a daily scenario..

Helps out the thermal capacity of the coil greatly, depending upon application you are looking at an additional 200-450 watts that you can put to it with the option installed.

Thanks!

-Nick

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.