Alpine 10in SWX-1043D ~400

Alpine 10in SWR-1243D ~200

MTX Audio TR 7510 ~ 250

Amps:

Alpine V-Power Amp MRP-M500 ~200

Alpine X-Power MRX-M50 ~300

MTX Audio Terminator TN400/4 Mono ~270

These are all around 400RMS max.

Also thinking of these, little higher end.

MTX Audio Thunder Elite TE601D Mono Amplifer ~ 480

MTX Audio TR7515-22 Dual 2 Ohm 15" Subwoofer ~ 350

Few Questions:

-Would it be worth it to get the higher end gear?

-Does a 15in really drive harder then a 10in?

-Is it worth it to buy a box if I can just build one?

-2 Ohm 4 Ohm, difference and am I mismatching anything here?

What I was thinking was the SWX-1243D and the MTX Audio Thunder Elite TE601.

Last edited by a moderator:
you're better off building your own box after you pick out your sub so you can try to match the box to the subs specs and what the woofer likes enclosure wise. if you listen to a wide variety of music i think you would be more than happy with a clean powered 12 and you don't want to have a huge box in your trunk housing a 15 unless you want a lot of bass. how much bass do you actually want? i was like you at one point too thinking the household names are the best and seeing brands like cadence, sundown, and DD like who are they? but if you want a household name there's no harm in that you selected some decent starter subs however there are better alternatives.

1. build your own box

2. none of the following equipment you posted.

3. For that kind of budget buying used could get you a **** good single sub stage.

4. BUY USED!

5. BUY USED!

6. I do like the alpine type r's moderately but thats probably because my friend found 2 12"s for 75 bucks local. Sound decent in a slot ported box tuned a tad too low. But new they are so over priced its dumb.

7. Check craigslist most people will show they work before actually selling them. Rockford mono blocks wont be too hard to find on cl

What is your overall budget and what are you looking to achieve in terms of sound output?

I could spend 800 or so, but it should be noted all the stuff I posted I can get for at least 100 off retail, and like 200-300 off the higher end stuff, all brand new still.

What sub and amp would you guys recommend, new/used? Please provide a link also because just saying the name I will never find it, the terminology is still all new to me.

EDIT: Sorry, it is just you guys keep telling me X or Y and I don't know what you mean. You say buy used, well what should I buy used. I mean I just am kinda lost.

First of all you really should go with a custom made box. Newbs dont know this. It is very important not to get a cheap pre made box. Find the sub/s you wanna use then either learn how to design and build one yourself or pay someone to design one for you then take the design to a builder. The box is the most important component in your system.

If you go with 2 12s, figure around 150 for a nice custom made box with internal bracing and carpet.

Yep, go used. For 800 dollars you could have a nice setup.

I have around 900 in mine and rocks all day long, mostly used stuff I got right off this very website and a couple other forums.

Go to the classifieds section here and have at it.

Also the box is a huge important factor. I have heard expensive subs in poor enclosures sound terrible and well poor subs sound beastly in a good proper built enclosure. Now if you get good subs with right spec'd box, then you will be in heaven!

Good luck!

Well I have friends that do carpentry for a living so I can get them to build me one no problem. I saw a bunch of OK premade ones for around 100 or so, which just seems nuts in my opinion.

What I am going to do for the box is go to the store and get the dimensions of a nice pre-made box that would be perfect for my sub and replicate it, save myself a hundred bucks or so.

I was thinking MTX Audio TR7512-22 Dual 2 Ohm 12 which I can get for 150.

And the MRX-M50 which I can get for 200

If this isn't good can someone mine linking me to subs/amps either on this forum or somewhere else that would be vastly better? I don't really know how to compare subs, that is why I am asking. I don't know what would be greatly better then these and need a direction to go to. A few links to better ones, different brands, etc as I am in the dark.

DO not buy a prefab box, they arent designed to sound good. Theres really alot you can do with your budget. Do you want loudness or sound quality? Do you wanna be able to hit the super low notes really loud? What are you looking to get out of it?

DO not buy a prefab box, they arent designed to sound good. Theres really alot you can do with your budget. Do you want loudness or sound quality? Do you wanna be able to hit the super low notes really loud? What are you looking to get out of it?
Just general stuff man. Probably a happy medium between loudness and sound quality. I was going to go to the store that specializes in car audio and copy one of their designs. If not this what do you recommend? Is there online schematics of a good box to build? If not what should I do to go about getting a good box?

MTX Audio TR7512-22 Dual 2 Ohm 12 for 150.

MRX-M50 for 200

That is only 350, leaving me with 450 to spend on redoing my mids, highs, and tweeters if I wanted to. But anyone I need info about the box as that is the one thing I am still unclear about. Oh and better speakers then the ones I listed but no one posted those. :p Anyway, anyone that helps with the box quandary gets thanks. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

What people can I get a design from? Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks for the links to subs/amps. Thanks!

PM me if you have designs.

EDIT: That amp looks too good to be true, 1000W RMS for only 200 bucks? What is the catch?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Audiopipe amp is an even better deal, both amps do very close to rated power.

The subs are built for sound quality but will also get pretty loud. For the $ you wont find a better performing woofer imo.

PM RAM_Designs, PM Pro Rabbit or look up Buck and send him an email.

So why is something like that MRX-M50 can only do 500 rms at 2 ohm for 300, while that MB Quart amp can do 1000RMS 1 ohm and 750 watt 2 ohm for only 180?

Is it just that the Alpine amp is way overpriced?

There are too many variables to put it on one reason, it all has to do with marketing, shipping costs and markup as it passes through the hands of distributors. Alpine amps are nice and do rated power or exceed it slightly but they aren't that great of a value for the high price that most places charge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.