Final Thoughts

Participant count
  • Participant list

Savackz

CarAudio.com Elite
GA
I have been doing some research on what setup to go next. I have narrowed it down to:

Bandpass for 2 12s or 2 to 3 10s (either 4th or 6th)
A bigger box for my 15s now (box I have now looks great, but tuned at 35, I would drop it to 31 or 32 and increase the size to 4 cubes each rather than 3.5. I only go down to about 30 hertz and then box seems to not enjoy it. I am looking to go to about 25hz to 40hz. Just changing up the box.)
I wouldn't be building the bandpass - a local guy would be doing it and he would tune the 6th or 4th to perfection. I would do the regular ported thanks to @CSCStang enclosure design. I think it was 8.12 net? 114 total sq inches of port so around 14 sq inches of Port per cube tuned to 31.

Anyone have opinions? I have the setup in my description.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What are you asking if you should do three 10s or two 12s? Because it all depends on what's woofers your choosing from.
If I did a bandpass, it'd be either 2 12s or 3 10s. Not asking woofers particularly, just which would be better box wise. It'd probably be like 2 hdc312s or 3 hds310s. Something like that.

two hdc3 12s
That's what I'm thinking. It would just take a lot longer because of buying the woofers and buying the box. Just haven't ever heard a 6th instead of a wall. I'd probably just put my amp at half on them.

your lacking lowend? thats some pretty good numbers BTW. you might just want to lower your tune and increase your port area.. that will give you more lowend extension and more output around tuning..

your lacking lowend? thats some pretty good numbers BTW. you might just want to lower your tune and increase your port area.. that will give you more lowend extension and more output around tuning..
Thank you. Yeah it goes from 30 to 40 and that's about it. I need more range

Doesn't seem to be overly peaky. You sure it's not tuned lower then calculated? The parameters might ver will be different as well. All I can suggest is tune up a little and see if it helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.