First Amp You Fell in Love With?

What a great thread. My favorite amp was my Nakamichi 75 x 2 but after it was stolen I could not find another one (pre-Internet days). My second favorite amp was my Hafler ma4 and you guys talking about the old Rockford's would really love the Hafler since Hafler was the premier version of Rockford at the time
Thinking about that old Nakamichi really brings back memories. I remember I acquired it from a guy that owed me money and he had no idea what it even was because he got it from another guy that owed him money. This was back in the mid-80s when external amplifiers were pretty much unheard of on the East Coast (or at least in my area). After I figured out how to wire this newfangled device to a set of JBL bookshelf speakers it sounded truly awesome. The t06 tweets produce such a high-pitched clear sound that my ears would ring for the rest of the night

My old style ab 200.1, the black ones.

I cried the morning i walked out to my car and saw my seats leaned forward and wires just hanging there.

SOLID-1-RED.jpg

matches my camaro!

What was the first amp you fell in "love" with?
Mine was a Rockford Fosgate Punch 75HD many a moon ago (1991). I had a Kenwood amp; that was running two 10" JBLs. The amp blew after a few short months, so I went to a local pawnshop and the guy pointed me to a few amps. He recommended a few; one being the Punch 75. I looked at it and saw that it was only rated at 37.5 watts per channel (2) so I dismissed it. He let me hook about 7 different amps up, finally I said what the hell and went hooked up the Punch 75......and....****! I was blown away by that little amp which had a low power rating could push those 10's so hard. That thing could run all day and I eventually ran two 15's off that little amp.

mine is the sundown audio saz-2500D

my friend had 2 offbrand 12s in a kicker ported box and a punch 250...that little amp blew my mind...i swear it was louder than my 2 t2 15s on my saz-2500

Rockford Fosgate T500-1bdcp it's small footprint makes it very easy to hide. Under seats/behind seats. I am running a JL Audio 12w6v2.

its PVC stats: 364w RMS @ 4ohm So if thats enough power for you this amp is great!!!

: 614w RMS @ 2ohm

: 808w RMS @ 1ohm

Hmm. Hard to say. My mtx thunder elite 7804 was a beast amp that I didn't know was capable of doing until now. That was a nice amp. The zapco ref 350.2 I had sounded good, but was so small. I think my favorite amp has to be my us acoustics usx600f. Its in great condition and sounds amazing. Puts out big power too

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

mine is the sundown audio saz-2500Dmy friend had 2 offbrand 12s in a kicker ported box and a punch 250...that little amp blew my mind...i swear it was louder than my 2 t2 15s on my saz-2500

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.