First legit box build today. Quick question.

Participant count
  • Participant list

NoKings
10+ year member

Nebraska
I am building the 2.35 ft^3 @33 hz listed in the free box plans (see link below). I have and OA-12 displacing .16ft^3 and will probably end up putting 45's in the two back walls to smooth out the port a bit.

With the sub displacing .16 ft^3 and (2) 1" X .5" X .5" 45's (still contemplating, help here would be awesome too) am I effectively ruining the tuning of the box?

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I have been reading for a month and a half and am ready to start this thing today. Box calcs are confusing and I still can't figure out how to calc port displacement. smh...math.

Thanks for ANY help before I ruin a $30 sheet of MDF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome to hear. Thanks all.

I had only read the comment telling me to go for it before pulling the trigger and building ALL DAY. I am really happy with the results, it exceeded my own expectations. I cannot wait to to get it in and start the break-in.

Hopefully I will get some pictures up. I am not even a little talented with wood yet, but it looks great for my first.

How dare I sour the name of the grammatically accurate world of car audio forums. Whats the deal with people being mad lately, I'm plenty happy with my box. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.