First port help

Participant count
  • Participant list
This will be my first time building a ported box. If you use just one port for two subs what are the down sides?
there is no down side as far as sound goes, you just have to make sure the port area is great enogh to stay away from port noise. depending on the kind of sub and specs for a 12" sub, you want at least 2-4" diameter port.

No you don't want at least a 2-4 inch diameter port. You want a port with the required surface area. That's it.

No down side using one port. Actualy makes it easy. And you can add two drivers to the box plans as long as the internal volume and port surface area are great enough for both.

No you don't want at least a 2-4 inch diameter port. You want a port with the required surface area. That's it.
No down side using one port. Actualy makes it easy. And you can add two drivers to the box plans as long as the internal volume and port surface area are great enough for both.

like is saied port area has to be great enogh "to keep port noise to a minimum or not at all"! too much port area will allow a sub to bottom out.

the 2- 4" port diameter is usualy the smallest you want to go with a single 12" driver, some requier more than two 4" ports per driver.

he didnt specify what sub his using so thats why i stated the 2 ports at 4" in diameter as a minimum per sub.

the down:

going with a single 4" diameter port will most likely cause at a particular power level and frequency port noise.

it realy needs to be calculated knowing the t/s parameters of the sub. enclosure volume and tuning frequency.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.