First time installer needs help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

irskragos

KCMO
Hey guys I just bought a bunch of gear to install in my 04 cadillac cts and I don't know if it will be able to fully power the two amps that I have. The two amps i bought are the rockford fosgate r1200-1d and a alpine mrp-f300. My alternator is rated at 120 amps and my battery is a duralast 78-dl. I don't want to get a cap so I'm guessing I might need to upgrade my battery or alternator. Can I get some advice on what I should do?

Caps are crap.

Based on 1500W RMS max, I don't think you have a lot to worry about. I'd say install it first and then you can use a DMM and see if you are in need of more power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I give him a couple of joints and... WAIT, I am the installer!
What precisely are you trying to accomplish here? How much space are you willing to sacrifice in your vehicle and how much money can you spend...
Hi my names Vick and I am seeking to compile a list of reputable car audio / security systems that do professional work, take pride in their jobs...
I guess I asked for that when I declared myself a noob. I mean the interior side of the firewall which is heat shielded with Lizard Skin.
I hope it ended up helping someone in here. I was right there on the Morels, but didn't need em, so I dropped out earlier than I would have, I...

About this thread

irskragos

irskragos
KCMO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Cadillac_02