Focal Not Good for Hip-Hop/R&B

to be honest, I think he profiled me because I'm young and black! Lol

I told him I was looking for some good speakers and he suggested kicker, then I said I'm looking for a more sq set, he suggested the high end kicker.....then I asked about the focals and he suggested the memphis and said that is would handle the synth bass of rb/hip hop better..... I told him I'm not looking to share my system with the whole world and that I listen to everything......he said the focals are good, but they are more like "enhanced factory speakers" they're only good for moderate listening volumes and would be horrilbe if I wanted to crank em... plus the tweeter on them are very mellow......

Unfortunately they didn't have any set up so I could listen to em.....but regaurdless of what he said I think imma still buy from there because of the prices...but what do you think about the focals?

Ive comapred the access to the jl and they defiently don't have the midbass like the jl, but I believe there focals where the polyglass line....it had the "needle cone" in the center of the driver...

I personally like Focal. But there are people that think Bose sounds great too. To each their own. do you plan on running an amp? It sound like you already have your mind made up.
yea. im a fan of focal too (not so much the tweets that i had.. too sharp)

bose is over rated and has a "one ear = perfection" sound. there is no control of the sound. what bose thinks is good.. is good for everybody.

depending on price range, The Kicker QS are worth a listen, but dude seems to have made a terribly inaccurate blanket statement about focal.

Can't imagine why he would make a statment like that about Focal..? For my taste, I like Image Dynamics, but Focal is some good stuff. Gave a good listen to them a while back with some volume. Tweets were a bit much for me, but still sounded great. Many people on here will tell you that they are outstanding, but it is a personal prefrence. They are nice, so don't let that sales guy discourage you. Give alot of comps a listen if you can and make the best choice for your own personal taste.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.