Ford Mustang 97' Door Install

Expy2K
10+ year member

Daddy Mac
Hey ladies what's up!

Anyways, I am trying to score some booty points with my girl this weekend by installing 5.25's in her Mustang. My question is how hard is it to get the door off and what tools are needed, if any.

Also, what was the best way yall ran your speaker wires to the front doors from the HU?

Any help is always appreciated!

-Z-

Hey ladies what's up!
Anyways, I am trying to score some booty points with my girl this weekend by installing 5.25's in her Mustang. My question is how hard is it to get the door off and what tools are needed, if any.

Also, what was the best way yall ran your speaker wires to the front doors from the HU?

Any help is always appreciated!

-Z-
If you just going to be running it off headunit power just use stock wires.

I suggest amping them it will sound 10x better.

What year mustang?I know on my del sol you have to wire thru the door molex, I have to take both the door and fender off to do it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
I cleaverly hid the year of the Mustang in the Title of this thread..

-Z-

Aren't there 6 X 8's in 97's? You can probably fit 6.5 components in there.

You should only have to take the door skin off and the kick panel to run wires. Pop off the sail panel and take out the panel with the window controls. Unscrew the window controls and take out the two screws that go through the panel into the door. Pull out the plastic fastener on the side up by the kick panel. Yank the skin off. I used a snaker to wires throught the rubber passage.

yeah dude, if you want to impress her, get the speakers that fit. 6 X 8s are what she has in the door, and unless you buy very high end 5 1/4 with alot of power, to her hears it will probably sound very weak, as those factory 6 X 8s actualy put out decent amount of sound in the mid and low range.

I've got 6X8 coaxials if you need them. 2 pioneer 3 ways and 2 kenwood 2 ways. Low end is horrible but clarity and loudness is tons better than stock. Let me know if you want them.

If you are not trying to achieve anything special then just use a speaker that fits the factory baffle (5x7 or 6x8). Next, is the stereo amplified? I doubt it, but if so you will be running your wires to the trunk where the amplifier would be. If not, run your wires through the molex (rubber thingy in between the door and body). To remove the door panel, unscrew the panel holding the electrical switches. Next, if the car has the Mach 460 stereo in, remove the Mach grill in the sail panel. Next, remove the door handle beauty panel thingy. You should now be able to move the door panel up and remove it from the door.

There may be a few things I didn't mention, due to our cars being different years and body styles, but this should get you on the right track. Check out a mustang forum to get more detailed instructions on removing the door panel.

The door panels are extremely easy to take off. I had to take em off the other day to wire some speakers. I just had to pop it off, and unplug a couple of wires. I dont even think there were any screws in it.

The door panels are extremely easy to take off. I had to take em off the other day to wire some speakers. I just had to pop it off, and unplug a couple of wires. I dont even think there were any screws in it.
See that's all I was asking.

-Z-

There are a couple of screws behind the power window switch door pocket area...If my 96 was here I'd go out and look its been a while since I was in the doors....then it sorta rest on like J hooks on the door..unplug the power switches...then .it slides straight up....

X2 what Tsefw said.

I think there are at least three. let me see if I can remember right.... It hinkg theres one somewhere around the bottom of the door, maybe towards the front or back. I think its inside a little hole. Also I think there is one behinde the door handle and theres one or 2 behinde the control panel on the door. Also theres like 4 screws holding in the controls to the vanity piece you need to take off to pull the door away, and maybe 2 in the the passanger side controls. All from memory but I think thats pretty close.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.