Ford SYNC-like system (but w/ better Android integration) in 12yo Buick???

Participant count
  • Participant list

QuadConPana

The thing I like about my wife's Focus is the SYNC system. (with reservations). What I like about my Buick is that it's payed for. Enter my desire for the best of both worlds.

I like music, but usually listen to audio books and podcasts while driving. So, I would be happy with merely good sound. While, the Sync system is cool, I would like to avoid it's kind of buggy Android integration. I also prefer my phone's navigation, and would rather I were able to display that on the head unit, than bother with a unit with built in nav. Mind you, most of that I can figure out by myself.

The feature that I am finding a bit confusing is the backup camera with Park Assist. In this respect, SYNC is pretty intuitive. And, the descriptions of most aftermarket systems are pretty sparse, and the prices are pretty varied. SYNC, as you probably know, is linked not only to the transmission, but to the steering. It displays curved lines that indicate, not only where you are, but where you're going to end up. And, as you turn the wheel, they adjust to the new direction.

Does anybody know of an aftermarket camera system and head unit in the $600 or less range that might have decent park assist, and let me control my phone without having to pull it out of my jeans pocket while driving?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.