Front Stage - Focal, Hertz or HAT

Which front stage would you run?

• Total voters

RunninRedline
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So, I just parted ways with my Focal KRX2's and I loved them. I bought them without ever hearing them and simply by getting as many opinions as I could. I really loved the sound signature.

I just bought a Lexus IS F and it comes with 3 ways. My orig plan was to swap out the stock with Focal KRX3's, but I began to get curious about other speakers. I have been really intrigued by the design of the Hertz Mille line and would love to hear them but no one sells them around here. Then, there's HAT which I've heard nothing but rave reviews about. I'm assuming the KRX3's will sound just like my KRX2's. I know this is subjective but if you were picking between KRX3's, MLK 3's or Legatia 3's which would you pick?

Oh yeah side note in my last car I removed the rear speakers. However, the Lexus has 3 ways in the rear doors as well. I would just pull them and just have a front stage but the rear speakers are for the video rear entertainment or surround sound for full car entertainment so they have to have something. I was planning on using one of the lesser lines such as Polyglass or HSK and maybe use just a 2 way but possibly do 3 ways back there too.

i can vouch for HAT. i have the imagine 6.5 components and am simply blown away by the quality of the speakers and sound. i cant even imagine how much different the legatia must sound. by why leave just a front stage? id rather have a full sound right now i have only a front stage and just bought some alpine type s coaxials for the rear deck for 50 bucks lol. my brother has speakers all around and i like hte sound better than just having a set of components in the front playing.

anyway my vote is for HAT!!

Don't think you'd go wrong with any of the 3 choices, at that level, anyway.

The Polyglass and HSK....meh.

I recently had a friend---- whose opinion I respect, and who has a great deal of knowledge about car audio---- tell me he wasn't all that impressed with HAT. He noted that they were "generic build quality and so-so sound." He noted that I should "go with Dyn Audio ftmfw."

Just goes to show that beauty is in the ear of the listener..... I will be running HAT Clarus, lol

I love the Hertz that I have owned and heard. It is all a subjective matter of opinion that at those price levels and quality is too dependent on install to really make a determination based on other peoples recommendations. I have heard those Hertz you are looking at and they are the best speakers I have ever heard to date. And that includes beating a set of Focal Be No6. That is a $5k set of speakers. But the Focals were in a demo booth. The Hertz were in a high quality car install. Either of those sets you get I think you will be happy with it so long as you spend the money to give them the proper install they deserve

Don't think you'd go wrong with any of the 3 choices, at that level, anyway.The Polyglass and HSK....meh.

I recently had a friend---- whose opinion I respect, and who has a great deal of knowledge about car audio---- tell me he wasn't all that impressed with HAT. He noted that they were "generic build quality and so-so sound." He noted that I should "go with Dyn Audio ftmfw."

Just goes to show that beauty is in the ear of the listener..... I will be running HAT Clarus, lol
mr flex, i saw you bought those hats a couple days ago. lmk if you're interested in reselling. =)

Ou of those 3, I am going to say Hertz. I was sorely dissapointed with the review that the L3 got in the fullrange shootout because they were at the top of my list.

Others to maybe take a look at...

-DynAudio

-ScanSpeak (yummy)

-Morel

-Fountek

-Peerless? I hear good things.

-H-Audio/Audible Physics

Side note... Pic of car? Sick ride, man.

mr flex, i saw you bought those hats a couple days ago. lmk if you're interested in reselling. =)
I have a few sets of comps that I have picked up to try in my install. The HATs were the ones that I figured would be staying.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I have a few sets of comps that I have picked up to try in my install. The HATs were the ones that I figured would be staying.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Hah makes sense. Well please lmk if you're willing to sell them or if you don't go through the install with them. Looking to buy a hat set right now.

What other sets did you buy btw

Sure here are 2 of my favorites

DSC00067.jpg

This was like a changing of the guard (the car I traded)

DSC00060.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

I'm starting to think I'll buy a set of each and install and audition them one at a time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...