SOLD FS: (2) Custom Built 15's not like anything else

stupify
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
South Dakota
I didn’t think I would ever get to this point but I haven’t used these in a year and won’t be able to use them for at least another year and could use the space the subs and sonotubes are taking up so I’m putting the subs up for sale.

They are custom made 15’s using proto type coils that are no longer being made. I told the person who made them I wouldn’t ever say who he was and I’m going to hold up to that. I can say is he is someone who a lot of people know and he has built a ton of speakers.

The speakers were custom built to be used in a HT system. This is what I used them for but it was so loud that I didn’t get to use them as much as I would have liked to. I lived with my dad for a period of time and well 2 15”s with a behringer ep2500 on each sub in a sonotube was very loud and well he did’t like it to much. I used them in a sealed box first they sounded great and went super low but wanted more so I put them in sonotubes. I never clipped the amps or got them to move them near as far as they did in this video I’m posting so I never got to see how loud they could get.

I didn’t take the video it was done by the builder before I got them but this is what he said.

It purrs several itches till the spider hits the top plate. (smooth as silk, serious) It's taking almost the whole 2500 free air and when the amp over heats you can touch the coils and it's still room temperature.

I can say they had no problems handling a behringer ep2500 each. I never ran them in a car. The builder did. He put them in a small sealed box and had a zapco 9.0 on each and they took it no problem. They work in any size sealed boxes. I had them sealed at 2.25 cf each. Running of a 9.0 and colossus, they ate both those amps up...

They are pretty inefficient with the ca glue. They were made for HT use and never needed them to play anything higher. They hammer everything lower.

The motors have a 3hp top plate and T yoke with two 1" mags and one 3/4 mag. The cones have 5 layers of liquid ca glue on them. This was meant to make sure they wouldn’t come apart. Has a nomex spider. A (3.5" long coil, 1.4 tall gap and about 1/2 inc clearance above the coil)

They are single 2.3 (or .6) DCR which would be around 3-4 ohms impedance. Single VC

Everything about the subs is overkill in the best way for durability, worst way for efficiency

I have pictures of the subs now, and pictures of them being built. Also included is the video I have been talking about. The 2 pictures of subs in shipping boxes is showing you how I ship things.

The subs work perfect. Nothing is wrong with them. As you can see from the CA glue the cones look a little funny. One looks better than the other. The one that looks good has some chips in the magnet from how I got the sub. Fedex wasn’t nice to the box at all. There is a picture that shows what I’m talking about.

The small motor and 8” basket will be included free with each sub. I have 2 of them if you buy both subs you get two free motors. IF you buy one sub you get one free motor. They are TC 2+motors. I was going to build them into 8’s a while ago but just sitting on them and including them in the price of the 15. Just need to pay for shipping. Will ship in usps box with usps you just pay for shipping. They are the flat rate box so shipping should be like 10 bucks or so. I’ll find out for sure in the next day or two.

Looking for $300 plus shipping for each sub. Not looking for trades and price is firm.

Video

Current Pictures of the subs

http://www.aww-kittah-aww.com/up/files/1610/subs.zip

Pictures being built

http://www.aww-kittah-aww.com/up/files/1610/back%20side.zip

I already have people interested in both tc2+ motors so if I did sell them I'd sell them together to them. Also shipping is cheap because its in a fixed price usps box.

Holy excursion batman! Estimated power rating?
have no clue .. they have taken a behringer ep2500 no problem free air, sealed and in a ported box. Also they took some big 2000+ watt car amps before i got them in a sealed box. They can handle a lot of power for not being spl subs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.