Fu 750's just went up $20..

Just run it without the big 3 then.... Your voltage will be lower, but the amp will be fine. **** it I swear I'm about to sound like a f'n old man but 20 years ago we ran 1200W amps all day on 4 gauge and NOBODY did a big 3. We didn't know how to maximize then like we do know, but the amps were fine and WORKED pretty much as they should.
to late now., had to buy sub yesterday for the old price.. dude i'm 50 i know, i had 1k with ab amps (usx and memphis) years ago with 4ga headlites dimmed like he*l lol but everyone hear saying gotta do big 3 1st so since i didn't get d2 everyone saying oh u shoulda run 1 ohm it's fine.. where were ya'll on all the other threads about it lol.. i woulda tried it but didn't want to hurt amp and didn't want electrical problems i know couple peeps did big 3 and 1 ohm still had dimming problems but thing is i never use headlites lol, i only drive at nite if something goes wrong at wifes job and i drive her or i drive 2 miles to mcdonalds like 2 times a yr so i could have done it if peeps here weren't so adamant about having bigger wire and big 3... let me get box and sub see how that works, keep in mind i'm not trying to get 143db in my car anyway be nice to gain 1-2db but if i want more later i'll have to figure out my big 3 problem, if battery was just on other side of car be easier, my supercharger belt being 1" away worries me..

Dumb as fvck buying 4ohm to run at 2 ohm... u prly see 300watts out that amp.
why does everyone mention and show amp dynos here if no one believes them? my amp was tested at over 600rms @4ohm, i have 14.6v at idle and it stays there with system on and 13.6 or so going down the road bassin hard..

why does everyone mention and show amp dynos here if no one believes them? my amp was tested at over 600rms @4ohm, i have 14.6v at idle and it stays there with system on and 13.6 or so going down the road bassin hard..
ok

Because impedance rise. Just because you wire to 4 ohms doesn't mean it's operating at 4 ohms all the time.

I'd be willing to bet its closer to 6-8 ohms. Larger boxes = more rise. The only way to know for sure is to measure it. You'd be surprised.
yeah i figure 6ohm which should put it at like 450rms to sub which is how i modeled port size (i was just trying to explain i think i probably have as much power running at 2 ohm as peeps think i'd have at 1ohm).. idk bigger box thing though., i was making box as big as i could (while keeping port reasonable size) to make sub more efficient instead of running more power., i could do 2.14cf w/ 2.5" port air velocity isn't much more but i thought slightly larger port would be better for more power if it did it later..

also darthlimits is running same sub in a 15" with same power i have on a belva amp at 2 ohm he's at 140db on music tuned at 31hz i'm tuning at 35 hz (he does have smaller car though) if i gain 1.5db sounds good have nicer sub and box i'll be happy..

People here are trying to tell you to get that sub so that you can wire it tot he amp down to 1 ohm....but your afraid your electrical won't handle it. A few things you need to understand is if you keep moderate volume and don't crank it, your electrical will be fine, until your ready to upgrade the big 3. With rise running @ 1 ohm, anyhow, might see in reality 2-4 ohms.

Not for another year or 2 lol. Took him this long to buy a new sub, can only imagine a new amp would take just as long.
i just got the amp i have and haven't got new sub yet or talked to neighbor about starting on box he won't home today and guys are cutting trees tomorrow thats $700..

People here are trying to tell you to get that sub so that you can wire it tot he amp down to 1 ohm....but your afraid your electrical won't handle it. A few things you need to understand is if you keep moderate volume and don't crank it, your electrical will be fine, until your ready to upgrade the big 3. With rise running @ 1 ohm, anyhow, might see in reality 2-4 ohms.
yeah i assumed it would be like 2.5-3ohm which should've given sub like 750- 800rms which is really good., and yeah it woulda been louder no doubt almost twice the power to sub but i may never do big 3 and don't have any time for electrical problems.. i'll wait til i get around to letting dealer replace my valve cover and gasket (free, recall).. if i see terminals that look like they'll reach my factory wires without having to frankenstein my factory terminal (which i can't do or i would have) i'll get them replaced after that it'll just get getting the wires., if i can do that in 6 months or by spring i'll think about getting d2 sub (gotta sell pioneer 1st) just trying to get box done now.

cause idk when i can get big 3 my cars a pain.. if i can get batt terminals that'll reach factory wires., i'll do it some time but i also have tiny old 4ga..
have you not learned anything? Just set gains via voltage drop. As long as you stay above 12 volts on your heaviest bass hits, you are fine to wire to 1 ohm. You dont have to use all 1000 watts of the amp. You literally just shot yourself in the foot and rubbed shit all over the wound...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.