Fuel Delivery issues?

Ya, looks like these guys gave you all the right advice. Man I miss carburetors.... I'm having a similar problem with the idle RPM's as well, does it whether its warmed up or not. I'm hoping its just the auto choke //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Anyways, GL!
Sounds like a vacuum leak to me. Take it to a shop, ask them to smoke test your vacuum system for leaks. Should only be like $20. Or if you can hear the leak, then drip some soapy water around the area you think it's leaking, and it should bubble up. Replace the hose and enjoy!

It's an Audi...... is that year S4 turbocharged? My B5 did something similar when the Turbo sensor went **** up, also a bad o2 sensor will cause acceleration lag as well.

Audi's are expensive to own no matter what year they are, my 01 S4 was a money pit, 800 per Turbo sensor and 300 for a new o2 sensor mind you I had the bi-turbo so I had 2 o2 sensors.

Fast and fun but way to much on the pocketbook even for me when I was making bank. Felt my money was better spent else were so I sold the Audi and got my xB and never looked back.

Well the reason you should replace the fuel filter last is that if you replace it, then knock all the crap off the injectors and what not, it's just going to clog up the new filter.
Fuel filter comes before the injectors. No way trash off the injectors will clog it up. Only trash out the tank can clog it up.

Well the reason you should replace the fuel filter last is that if you replace it, then knock all the crap off the injectors and what not, it's just going to clog up the new filter.
But yeah, seafoam wouldn't be a bad idea. I already seafoamed my engine internals (oil related stuff), and then my oil pump just so happened to decide to fail the next day...
Same thing happened last week to my car , i seafoamed it then changed the oil , low and behold within 300 miles i had a rod knocking and i have only 100k on a gm 3800 series 2. not too many miles at all for that motor.

Same thing happened last week to my car ' date=' i seafoamed it then changed the oil , low and behold within 300 miles i had a rod knocking and i have only 100k on a gm 3800 series 2. not too many miles at all for that motor.[/quote']
You probably had hidden issues that the Seafoam brought up by cleaning the bearings, Never heard of Seafoam its self causing rod knocks.

Tell you what though, Remember Motor Up? That stuff you add to your oil that if you ever ran the engine bone dry of its oil supply the engine will keep on going?

Well I put that to the test with out even knowing it was happening. I decided to try it I had a Shelby CSX 2.2l Turbo II and this stuff was great for Turbo's helped with keeping the turbo bearings coated with hight heat synthetic material, Anyway I was moving from Oregon to Wa state and I was driving the car 500 miles since I did not want to pull it behind the moving van.

I was pulling off in Olympia to get gas and food as I was parking I could smell burning oil and my stomach hit the floor I got out the car since it was not moving was smoking as if it was on fire I popped the hood and the smoke rolled out but didnt see anyt flames, After the smoke was gone I could see Oil spray all over the engine bay and noticed the Dipstick and holding tube was GONE broke off somehow! The Gas tendant was also a mechanic and they sold stuff like this at the station so I bought a dipstick just to see if there was any oil left, There wasnt even enough to show on the stick.

After all that drama we guestimated that I drive the car for roughly 300 miles with out any oil other then what was left circulating in the engine through pressure. Motor Up saved the day, got the car fixed a day later and a new oil change and drove it fort 4 years after never once had an engine issue.

Dylan take your car to the shop that did the work on it and let them know something is not right, Dont work on it yourself and risk messing up your warranty with them, infact dont say anything about checking it yourself to them at all, Put the ball in their court.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.