FWD cars cant drag race...

I drove a MKI MR2, and it is quite fun to take into corners. The first time I drifted through a turn in that thing, I had a huge grin on my face.
yea, us american car drivers dont ahve that luxury. i have all bilstein suspension on my mustang and it is still squirly. the back end kicks out under heavy acceleration granted you dont blow the tires off of it, and if you miss your turn, screw it, just keep goin staight cause it pushes like a mofo. if it is in a straight line, watch out though. the sad part is, camaros and vettes and firechickens are even worse than my car as far as handling goes.

yea, us american car drivers dont ahve that luxury. i have all bilstein suspension on my mustang and it is still squirly. the back end kicks out under heavy acceleration granted you dont blow the tires off of it, and if you miss your turn, screw it, just keep goin staight cause it pushes like a mofo. if it is in a straight line, watch out though. the sad part is, camaros and vettes and firechickens are even worse than my car as far as handling goes.
HAH! I'm an American driver, and until a couple weeks ago, I was driving a V6 Mustang //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I loved the handling of it, though. I like FR's predictability, but MR is definately quite nice as well. It's those FF's you have to watch out for.

RWD are quite a blast on curvs; did you know that General Motors is currently studying/testing All-Wheel-Drive platforms that may come as early as 2005 for GM cars? Don't know if Ford is thinking or doing anything about AWD, but an AWD may be a option on the 2005 STS; not confirmed, but possiable. The standard layout will be the Sigma rear drive plateform.

Future GM cars are said to have different layout/engine options. You may be able to choose from AWD, or RWD/FWD; future engine choices may be 6cylinder, 6cylinder disel, or hybrid 4cylinder/electic motor. All options are on one specific car. Nothing confirmed, just thought i'd jabber...

RWD are quite a blast on curvs; did you know that General Motors is currently studying/testing All-Wheel-Drive platforms that may come as early as 2005 for GM cars? Don't know if Ford is thinking or doing anything about AWD, but an AWD may be a option on the 2005 STS; not confirmed, but possiable. The standard layout will be the Sigma rear drive plateform.
Future GM cars are said to have different layout/engine options. You may be able to choose from AWD, or RWD/FWD; future engine choices may be 6cylinder, 6cylinder disel, or hybrid 4cylinder/electic motor. All options are on one specific car. Nothing confirmed, just thought i'd jabber...
yea, fun? fun until the point where you got throttle happy and you are going straight but looking through the side window to see what is ahead of you. have you driven a car that is posi traction with a lot of power and no traction control? they can be fun to a certain point, just like a lot of things in life, like blowing up audiobahns.

yea, fun? fun until the point where you got throttle happy and you are going straight but looking through the side window to see what is ahead of you. have you driven a car that is posi traction with a lot of power and no traction control? they can be fun to a certain point, just like a lot of things in life, like blowing up audiobahns.
Erm... I think that's the whole point, going sideways. That's what people consider fun. It also racks up the points in drifting competitions. The car will always be sliding, even in a straight line.

If you know what you're doing, it can be fun to any point. You guys do donuts over there, and we slide them around in tracks. DIfferent, yet similar, all in good fun.

Erm... I think that's the whole point, going sideways. That's what people consider fun. It also racks up the points in drifting competitions. The car will always be sliding, even in a straight line.
If you know what you're doing, it can be fun to any point. You guys do donuts over there, and we slide them around in tracks. DIfferent, yet similar, all in good fun.
oh it can be plenty fun, but for those of you who dont know, i am a racer. in the racing world, you roll the car through the corners, not slide. a car that pushes and oversteers is a car that isnt handling. i am used to driving a car or shifter kart that is constantly being tuned to drive better all of the time. i drive that thing for a day then i get in my mustang, and i am like dude, this thing is a piece. when i want to drive the car on the road hard, it is difficult because it is so squirly. it ***** when some dude smokes you off the line because your car is just lightin up the tires and your back end is kicken out from under you. that just *****. i would take a car that could handle the hard accerelation any day over a car that kicks the ass end around.

Racing is fun. So is drifting. I prefered drifting, because the V6 didn't have the balls for racing. Sure, my friends Neon could keep up with it, but I could rip through corners faster and with more "wow" than he could. Then along came another of my friends with his FC... showed me up but good.

I want a freaking '83 Corolla GT ****it!

(anybody other than paikiah know why that car is so awesome?)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.