Good small footprint amplifier

Participant count
  • Participant list
I tried to reply to your thread on DIYMA but the forum crashed. The XC1410 is new for this year, and it will do exactly what you need. It's got some features to give it the edge over the Alpine KTP-445U, mainly more power output, ground loop isolation for noise-free operation, and lower distortion at rated power.

I tried to reply to your thread on DIYMA but the forum crashed. The XC1410 is new for this year, and it will do exactly what you need. It's got some features to give it the edge over the Alpine KTP-445U, mainly more power output, ground loop isolation for noise-free operation, and lower distortion at rated power.
The only thing that concerns me is that the gain isn't fully adjustable. There's only 2 switchable settings.

Plus, these reviews aren't very compelling, Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Clarion Mobile Electronics XC1410 D-Class 4-Channel Amplifier.

The only thing that concerns me is that the gain isn't fully adjustable. There's only 2 switchable settings.
Plus, these reviews aren't very compelling, Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Clarion Mobile Electronics XC1410 D-Class 4-Channel Amplifier.
This is Amazon.com, home of some of the dumbest people to ever review products. The lack of adjustments is intentional. Clarion sells on Amazon.com but you have to make sure the seller is shown to be Clarion, and not anyone else. This is why one review said they denied his warranty claim.

This is Amazon.com, home of some of the dumbest people to ever review products. The lack of adjustments is intentional. Clarion sells on Amazon.com but you have to make sure the seller is shown to be Clarion, and not anyone else. This is why one review said they denied his warranty claim.
So, I have to buy directly from Clarion to get the warranty?

Hmm, Amazon has the best price for the Clarion.
I e-mailed Clarion about their product listed on Amazon.com, specifically about the seller "Clarion Mobile Electronics". This was the response(truncated)

"No we do not sell on Amazon under our own account, the only authorized on-line retailers we have are AMAZON.COM (the actual company, not companies selling through Amazon) and CRUTCHFIELD.com. "

I expect to see the product availability on Amazon.com change. Before anyone ******* about this, this is good for customers because these fraudulent sellers are using Clarion's name without permission. Warranty service is NOT guaranteed when you do not buy from an authorized reseller.

Any suggestions on a decent 4 channel amp that has a small footprint. I'd actually like to keep the amp in my dash, behind the head unit.
I was looking at this one, but I haven't found much info on it, Amazon.com: Clarion Mobile Electronics XC1410 D-Class 4-Channel Amplifier: Car Electronics.
So, the second item listed here, Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Clarion Mobile Electronics XC1410 D-Class 4-Channel Amplifier, for $96.93, shows the seller information as Amazon.com. I assume this would be ok?

So, the second item listed here, Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Clarion Mobile Electronics XC1410 D-Class 4-Channel Amplifier, for $96.93, shows the seller information as Amazon.com. I assume this would be ok?
I took a closer look at the listing and I see I had mistaken the seller to be Clarion Mobile Electronics, instead of the manufacturer. I'm waiting on an answer about this as Amazon.com and Crutchfield are supposed to list the product at MAP. MAP on the XC1410 is 129.99.

Soundstream Picasso Nano PN4.520D is a solid amp, I am running three of the Picasso Nano amps that were supposed to be temporarily installed and I am probably going to keep them. The amps are Korean made and sound good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.