Has Anyone Bench Tested The New Hifonics Brutus BRZ Amplifier Yet?

It played ok for 2 days, don't know what happened, something loose internal from the factory maybe?
I also bought my from Vminnovations, I noticed that they shipped out without any extra protection to protect the amp. It was just the amp in its original box. Unlike many videos i've seen on youtube, they were well packaged inside a box filled with peanuts.

I also bought my from Vminnovations, I noticed that they shipped out without any extra protection to protect the amp. It was just the amp in its original box. Unlike many videos i've seen on youtube, they were well packaged inside a box filled with peanuts.

yeah mine was the original box inside another with no foam or peanuts. It was basically wrapped in a planet audio cardboard box. This does not give protection against any shock damage, which can occur without any evident box damage. I received alot of products this way with no problems. but packages regularly fall 2-4 feet in distribution on conveyors or during loading and unloading. and this can cause shock damage to the internals of electronics

i wish they would stop with the angled terminals makes the install that much harder
X234...

They are a PITA to deal with. I can see it if you have a raised amp rack and can come from underneath with the wires.

I have just got to getting everything finished with my truck.

I have 2 BRZ 2100.1Ds on a DD 3512sc and if flat gets down.

If I have the time this weekend, I will clamp them and see what I get. I will do it at a few different frequencies.

I have no doubt that they are doing rated power.

X234...

They are a PITA to deal with. I can see it if you have a raised amp rack and can come from underneath with the wires.

If I have the time this weekend, I will clamp them and see what I get. I will do it at a few different frequencies.

yeah lmk the power from one of those. my sa's needz more powah

yeah lmk the power from one of those. my sa's needz more powah
Hey no problem, I will.

Iam just kinda lazy some times to be honest but I will do so this weekend. If I have the time at work tomorrow, I will do it then.

The sub is not quite broken in all the way but I will do a few clamp test with the sub and I will do a few with some resistors.( 1 and 2 ohm) and see what we get.

Iam sure I have hella box rise as my voltage only drops about .5v with a 45hz test tone at idle so will see.(dont think Iam working them very hard, that or they are very efficient.)

-Vic

yeah mine was the original box inside another with no foam or peanuts. It was basically wrapped in a planet audio cardboard box. This does not give protection against any shock damage, which can occur without any evident box damage. I received alot of products this way with no problems. but packages regularly fall 2-4 feet in distribution on conveyors or during loading and unloading. and this can cause shock damage to the internals of electronics
Better than mine...LOL! mine was just the original box and amp with a sticker of my address so FEDEX would know where to ship it.

vminnovations is exchanging it. I just have to pay shipping back to them, which will only cost me about $10 , just a hassle though, i just got everything installed. have to take ou tthe remote , remote wire , etcto ship back everything it came with

X234...

lmk too. if it does rated ill get 1 i just have some hang ups on having stuff like hifonics

Hey guys,

I just did a quick test at work today.

I just did one 5sec 45hz test tone burp. I have one amp on each coil. The 3512 is a D1 with coils that reads 1.3 for each coil.

(I only clamped one of the 2 amps and one of the 2 coils)

Here is what I got.

56.8V

25.68A

gives me a 2.2 ohm load with rise and 1454 watts.

The BRZ2100.1D is rated at 1400 rms @ 2 ohms. So I guess in my app. They(at least the one) dose rated @ 2ohms.

When I feel less lazy, I can run just one amp on the sub and wire the sub for ".5" ohms and see what it will do.

I tested my brz 1700.1 out today and it works just fine. It really wasnt what I expected...I had to turn the gain, phase, bass boost, subsonic all the way or almost, just to get two old school 10's Rockford Punch Power moving.

I tested my brz 1700.1 out today and it works just fine. It really wasnt what I expected...I had to turn the gain, phase, bass boost, subsonic all the way or almost, just to get two old school 10's Rockford Punch Power moving.
Lol what? bass boost should be completely of, phase should be at 0 degrees, subsonic just under your box tuning and the properly set your gains.

Lol what? bass boost should be completely of, phase should be at 0 degrees, subsonic just under your box tuning and the properly set your gains.
That's what I thought too. The only way the sub will kick if the bass boost is turned pass half way (almost max) or else the sub is not even moving. The sub gain on the deck was set to 0. I might have to test it again. I was very disappointed at the amp.

That's what I thought too. The only way the sub will kick if the bass boost is turned pass half way (almost max) or else the sub is not even moving. The sub gain on the deck was set to 0. I might have to test it again. I was very disappointed at the amp.
The gain on the deck should most likely be turned all the way up as most decks is set up like an attenuation. Meaning when its all the way up is when the deck is sending its full voltage.

The gain on the deck should most likely be turned all the way up as most decks is set up like an attenuation. Meaning when its all the way up is when the deck is sending its full voltage.
Noob question..what if its a stock deck with only treble and bass with no sub output?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.