HAT Imagines

cnut
10+ year member

Alabama
Lately I've been hearing more and more about these speakers and this company, Hybrid Audio Technology. I gave them a call the other day to asak some questions. The imagine is $200 a set basically (199.99 actually). I'm seriously thinking of saving up for these and run them off of my Mb Quart dsc480 I have. Any thoughts or other suggestions are welcome. BTW, the gentleman I spoke with recommended between 75 and 100 watts to power these very well.

Yea, I have a SAX 100.2 that I purchased just for these speakers to give em good power...then I said let me get the clarion xh5410 to bi amp them and give em some real punch...don't know the impedance of the tweeters on the set, don't know what I'm gonna do with this bnib SAX-100.2 either, don't even know what these speakers sound like, but I do know I'm getting HAT Imagines, never got so hype for speakers I've never heard...

^^^ Let us know how they sound once they are broken in. I plan on going over to one of the stores that actually stock them so I can have a listen to them but that will be a couple of weeks away.

i've been running a set of those speakers on a home amp for the past 3 days "breaking them in". getting them ready for a side by side review of them next to a set of Image Dynamics CTX65cs.
Subscribed....just so I can read the review //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

i've been running a set of those speakers on a home amp for the past 3 days "breaking them in". getting them ready for a side by side review of them next to a set of Image Dynamics CTX65cs.
Have you listened to the imagines any during break in? I just finished breaking a pair in. The midbass increased tremendously.

Any reviews?

some of the better sounding entry level speakers I have dealt with. I just finished breaking in the pair I have. Put them in as coaxial's in my mothers ford freestar van ( only vehicle I had access to quickly that 6.5's were a drop in ). Straight out of the box they lacked midbass. I was thinking it was the non-sealed doors at first. knowing I couldn't seal the doors up on my mothers van, I pulled them and decided to try and break them in some to loosen up the suspension. After a few hours of playing music through them on the home stereo, the suspension loosened and the midbass flowed quite freely. Ding ding we have a winner now lol.

Build quality is excellent, the imagines come shipped as coaxial's with the tweet mounted on a riser. Options are included to convert them to seperate components. They even come with plastic phase plugs to install if the tweeters are removed, along with with optional mounts for the tweeters for surface, flush, and even angled surface mounts. Grills and speaker wire are also included. Something I found cool that was also included, is an extra set of wires. This extra set of wires is used when mounting the drivers as seperate components. The wire has terminals installed on both ends making switching the imagines from coax to components a simple plug and play change.

Running them with head unit power, the midbass is strong. I'm not sure of the exact crossover points. What ever it is, the mid has no problems playing up to the crossover point. The detail is very good, the tweeters aren't harsh ar tinny sounding in the slightest. Listening to rock music ( nickleback to be precise ) the sound was tight and crisp, no overhang on the midbass at all. The tweeters are laid back, not over bearing like most coaxials. Overall I'm pretty happy with the imagines. For the price they are extremely hard to beat. Now I just need to convince my mother she needs an amp lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

^^^ Thanks for the review. I plan on getting some in the next couple of weeks and I'm really looking forward to listening to them. I'll be pushing mine with a mb quart dsc480.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

cnut

10+ year member
cnut
Alabama
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from