HDC3 fail

Spot on for what? That one top plate has been manufactured wrong? Big whoop. So far that is all you have proven. And even that isn't all you're making it out to be. Every company has had some sort of manufacturing defect at some point in time.
Anywho, lulz were had. This thread is getting old.
His OP was sopt on, and the AQ nut huggers have had this such a long thread.

I bet "Alex" won't reply to this. LOL
I will. He really hasn't "proven" anything. Like stated in my last post. A top plate was machined wrong. Okay. Not the end of the world. And for the record, I think the whole internet arguing thing is retarded. Everyone from this area (Wi/ Il) will see each other this year. Things will be said in person, so it is what it is. I could care less since I'm really not involved.

lol-cats_i-love-this-thread-so-much.jpg

His OP was sopt on, and the AQ nut huggers have had this such a long thread.
I wouldn't say the AQ nuthugger only. Lots of other people have posted too. I personally don't own and wont be buying any AQ products any time soon. Not that I wouldn't, I just have other plans. I wont deny that they have an excellent product at the price point though. I hug no ones nuts. They are too salty.

thread full of fail thats for sure. someone makes good points then at the same time makes himself look like an idiot. then others bash him for the stuff that makes himself look like an idiot but then have 0 to say about the points he makes.

First off this subwoofer is a customers which i just received to build a recone for. The basket was on with only two bolts as the previous owner had broke four of the heads off. Upon removing the softparts and boot, I took a closer look. The slugs had been glued on by what I can only conclude as a drunk Chinese assembly worker.
0110111634.jpg

After more investigation I noticed that on the "cooling channels" that are stupid and ineffective as they are, their machining process was very flawed as well. The fact that they allow visible flaws pass inspection this easily it makes me fear what other tolerances are on the drivers. This is the second HDC3 I have reconed this month, the other was not nearly as bad the pole just wasnt centered. When I am at work I will use shims and see how far off this pole is as well.

0110111617.jpg

Just a sad thing to see I would wish if a company can't get stuff done right in china they could pay the extra few bucks to have it done here the right way. I miss the HD3s when they were built with qualtiy and integrity.

This helps me conclude as to why HDC3s are time and time again quieter on drop in's from DDs. The parts can be as close to identical but with errors like that it will make an impact.
I will. He really hasn't "proven" anything. Like stated in my last post. A top plate was machined wrong. Okay. Not the end of the world. And for the record, I think the whole internet arguing thing is retarded. Everyone from this area (Wi/ Il) will see each other this year. Things will be said in person, so it is what it is. I could care less since I'm really not involved.
He has proven (pictures) that the QA is sub standard, and has stated his opinion as to the reason AQ isn't up to par with DD. He did not say all, he said two this month.

I am not sure what else he was to prove or what the proof would have consisted of, but the pictures were good enough for me.

I will also note that I have never personally seen a DD, Sundown, IA... go to a customer with issues like that. If you or someone else has please show said proof, that is has more proof power than a picture.

I wouldn't say the AQ nuthugger only. Lots of other people have posted too. I personally don't own and wont be buying any AQ products any time soon. Not that I wouldn't, I just have other plans. I wont deny that they have an excellent product at the price point though. I hug no ones nuts. They are too salty.
and cheesy if one hasn't bathed properly.

I can see how some of DOA people are idiots and ****** illiterate. Can you ****** read what he said? "adding wood or other mods beyond what is necessary for speakers" READ F4GGOTS. **** is annoying everyone knows DOA is AQ nut huggers. Either way matt is here posting is opinion on it. WETHER he chooses to voice his opinion on a forum or directly to a company is his ******* choice. You dont like it dont come to his thread. PERIOD. You want to prove him wrong? Prove facts. He comes here and posts opinions on his personal dealings with companys. Wether its with a company you nuthug or not its his OPINION and at the end of the day thats what the forum is for. Who cares if hes butthurt or whatever. He still posting pics/facts about a companys subwoofers so its not like hes making it up. Shits annoying. And its funny when people post "OHH IM 40YRS OLD I BEEN AROUND" I dont give 2 ***** if your 80 does not mean you know more than a 10yr old PERIOD. Age dont make you smarter. So shutup wit that ****.
End of my rant haha..
He said my car was illegal for SS3-4, did you read that part???? Then he states the rule and my car was within the rules, otherwise Jeremy and Larry would NOT have let me compete. He just talks out of his *** for no reason...

If he's posting opinions then everyone else is entitled to do same.

I consider DJ a friend and respect him, so I take exception to a smart assed kid taking yet another shot at a friend of mine. Most of you would do the same. As has been mentioned there is a LOOOOOONG history with him doing **** like this, but again since 99% of the people on here have never met him in person you probably aren't aware of that and will defend him based off his ramblings on here.

NUTHUGGER = Recommending a product you've never owned or heard/saying it's THE greatest product on the market based solely on the company or what others say. Find me ONE post where any DOA member has ever done that with AQ. I'll wait, but you'll be searching for a long time...

thats good that you would buy product KNOWING the the QC was complete ****. Something THAT FAR OFF! WTF! srsly.... ive heard of maybe a tolerance of +/- 1/8" but from what the pictures show..... no bueno.

and he has proven something lol thats what the pictures where for....

He said my car was illegal for SS3-4, did you read that part???? Then he states the rule and my car was within the rules, otherwise Jeremy and Larry would NOT have let me compete. He just talks out of his *** for no reason...
If he's posting opinions then everyone else is entitled to do same.

I consider DJ a friend and respect him, so I take exception to a smart assed kid taking yet another shot at a friend of mine. Most of you would do the same. As has been mentioned there is a LOOOOOONG history with him doing **** like this, but again since 99% of the people on here have never met him in person you probably aren't aware of that and will defend him based off his ramblings on here.

NUTHUGGER = Recommending a product you've never owned or heard/saying it's THE greatest product on the market based solely on the company or what others say. Find me ONE post where any DOA member has ever done that with AQ. I'll wait, but you'll be searching for a long time...
actually:

1. (noun) men's shorts that are so form-fitting around the crotch that they actually hug the nuts to the point of delineating the testicles for all to ridicule.

2. (noun) a male who likes to put his arms around the testicles of another man.

do you still want to nut hug? mine a a weee cold

He has proven (pictures) that the QA is sub standard, and has stated his opinion as to the reason AQ isn't up to par with DD. He did not say all, he said two this month.
I am not sure what else he was to prove or what the proof would have consisted of, but the pictures were good enough for me.

I will also note that I have never personally seen a DD, Sundown, IA... go to a customer with issues like that. If you or someone else has please show said proof, that is has more proof power than a picture.
I've never argued that the sub wasn't manufactured properly, that's obvious. I have an issue with him still holding a grudge and taking another shot at AQ, as he's done this several times. DJ doesn't want his "help" on designing subs, he needs to get that through his head...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bumpin buick

5,000+ posts
Science is everything
bumpin buick
Appleton, Wisconsin
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date