Headphones With Excellent Sound Quality

I've owned just about every Sennheiser headphone. The HD series is pretty good. Regardless, dollar to performance, the DENON AH-D2000 is the best choice. I'm speaking from many hours of listening to each. Sony is not even a viable option.

I've owned just about every Sennheiser headphone. The HD series is pretty good. Regardless, dollar to performance, the DENON AH-D2000 is the best choice. I'm speaking from many hours of listening to each. Sony is not even a viable option.
I've never head the Denon. But, that would be a pretty big chore to clean up the entire Sennheiser lineup.

R10s are an exception.

When you get that boutique with things rules usually get blurred...

Personally I want to hear a pair of the Stax SR-007MK2. Those things look like sex.

One of the lower end HD's. I believe it was the 555. It wasn't expensive at the time, maybe $200. I was just very underwhelmed, and thought my pmx 200's blew them away for $35.

Have you even heard the v6s? Sony has made arguable some of the best sounding headphones available. Hence the r10s praise, along with several other models. People often rag on sony because of the lower end models, but little do they know of the history of their higher end headphones..

I've only owned two of Sony's higher end headphones. I honestly couldn't tell you which ones. It was a few years ago. One of them was only about $150. I can remember being impressed with the low end bass extension. I felt that's all they truly had going for them. They make a decent pair of headphones, but I don't consider them near the big boys of the business. Especially at some of the prices Sony charges, it's almost like they purposely mark them up so people think expensive = quality. At that rate, there are simply more attractive options, which are not only better to the ears, but better on the wallet.

They do make about 1000 different headphones, so no telling which model you had. Sony pretty much set the mark with the r10s, and the Qualia 010 as every very high end headphone seems to be compared to them. Anyone that knows anything about high end headphones, knows sony is in the big boy category. While the r10s are discontinued, at any time sony can release another amazing set of phones.. Ask anyone there..

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f70/fu...y-r10s-274275/

But, I guess we will have to agree to disagree..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.