Heat issue, speaker or amp?

Heat related to amp, speaker, or bad tweeter?

• Hot amp in trunk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hot crossover & speaker in door panel

• Bad tweeter

• Bad install on my part

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list

skibumdc
10+ year member

See my sig for list of components in the install.

On hot days when I get in the car, my passenger front speaker, not sure if it's the mid or tweeter, is crackling.

I never play the system hard, and it's been this way for a bout 1 year (since installing the Germaniums)

So...is it heat in the trunk causing the issue, or heat in the door panel causing the crossover & speakers to distort?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

You could run that sub on a 4 channel amp and have 2 channels left for amping front speakers. I just put a small system in my brothers car with a...
Are there any label making machines available that allow you to print directly on your currently owned heat shrink and not from a manufacturer...
Any air movement is helpful in keeping any amplifier running cooler as long as there is a way to release the heat build up. I install all my amps...
Upside down should be fine. Airflow is all that matters. My buddy did this install. I think 14 amps. Look at that sloppy wiring. 😂 Vegas don't play.
Getting a good voltage reading does not mean good power transfer. You could read 13.8v out of a 24 AWG wire. Recheck your amplifier's ground and...

About this thread

skibumdc

10+ year member
skibumdc
Northern Virginia
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from