Help choosing an amplifier for my sub

Olliejcp

CarAudio.com Newbie
Kendal
This is my first time ever doing this as I have only just bought my first sub so I know absolutely nothing about this. So I have bout a Sony xplod sub but have no clue what amplifier to buy as the RMS is 350watts and the peak is 1200 and anyone advise on what to buy? I'll add a photo of the subs full specifications. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200312-070300.png
    Screenshot_20200312-070300.png
    51.9 KB · Views: 224
Bobby, He has a Sony xplode subwoofer that is 350 rms with a single 4 ohm voice coil. That amp would tear that subwoofer up in a ported enclosure. That subwoofer could handle that amp in a sealed box though. Go ahead and recommend a pre fab sealed enclosure to him too lol! That is not the right amp for the subwoofer he has. Them Sony subwoofers can only take abuse in a sealed enclosure. You would know stuff like this if you knew car audio and was qualified to give advice.

Bobby, He has a Sony xplode subwoofer that is 350 rms with a single 4 ohm voice coil. That amp would tear that subwoofer up in a ported enclosure. That subwoofer could handle that amp in a sealed box though. Go ahead and recommend a pre fab sealed enclosure to him too lol! That is not the right amp for the subwoofer he has. Them Sony subwoofers can only take abuse in a sealed enclosure. You would know stuff like this if you knew car audio and was qualified to give advice.

He will eventually upgrade. Then, he will be forced to buy a new amp if he gets a smallish amp. It doesn't matter to me either way. I was just giving him options when he wants to upgrade from that sub. It's up to the OP though, not me.

Never mind. Go ahead and keep giving bad advice and I’ll stay out of it and let someone else worry about you because I’m getting tired of going back and forth with you.

But you are giving him bad advice that will fuk his subwoofer up.

Dude, it's 680 watts @ ohms. It's called a gain button for a reason. Adjust it accordingly. That's roughly double the subs RMS. Get off my tip. If he doesn't like my advice, then, he won't use it. Shouldn't you be shitting on somebody's system or ride right now? Fugking paranoid coked up car salesman.

Dude, it's 680 watts @ ohms. It's called a gain button for a reason. Adjust it accordingly. That's roughly double the subs RMS. Get off my tip. If he doesn't like my advice, then, he won't use it. Shouldn't you be shitting on somebody's system or ride right now? Fugking paranoid coked up car salesman.
Knob

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.