Help Choosing Sub, Amp, and box

Participant count
  • Participant list

Koon
10+ year member

Hey guys It's been awhile since I've been on the forums but i'm back in the market for a subwoofer, amp, box, etc. My vehicle is a 2005 Mercury Montego and I've already got my front stage set up. My front door speakers are the Image Dynamics CTX65CS's and they're powered by a Cadence DCA-4100. I'm wanting to get a 15" subwoofer and amp but not have to upgrade my electrical. What would you guys reccomend without running into electrical upgrades? I'd like to spend no more than 200 on the sub and 200 on the amp.. I listen to a lot of rap so I'm thinking a little more SPL than SQ but I'd still like my woofer to sound clean. Let me know what you guys think!

u will be fine with 1500rms a battery and big 3, no problems, u are going to want to do big 3 no matter what 1000rms and 4 channel amp

alright I don't really want to get a new battery so you think I'll be fine with 1000-1200 RMS total between my two amps if i get the big three upgrade as well? and does anyone have reccomendations?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.