HELP!! DID I blow my amp???

Participant count
  • Participant list

shalizi
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
hey guys i have a orion 2500d and for the last week my system has been kinda weird...the bass would be on and then turn off by itself and then id turn the volume down and it would come on again...today after school i was going to in n out bumping and the amp just shut off. i opened the trunk and saw the circuit breaker had popped and wouldnt go back in its place and it was HOT HOT HOT! then maybe 20 min later the circuit breaker allowed me to put it back in its place but the amp wont turn back on theres no power, only thing i saw was that the 0 gauge wiring thats on the bottom of the circuit break the loop was tosted and looked burned......any help would be appreciated

DSC00942.jpg
DSC00943.jpg
DSC00944.jpg
DSC00945.jpg

Hmm well im not anywhere near educated enough to tell you but if the circuit breaker blew then somthing went wrong and it did its job which should keep your amp from blowin. But the heat is a usually a indicator of somthing bad I dont know about a circuit breaker though because all of the amps that pass through it some have to go to heat so I would first check all of your wiring to see if anything looks suspicious if you did or know all of your wires. If all looks good try it but on very low settings if it work keep the gain a little down if it doesnt.....well amps dont stop working cuz they are tired and dont feel like it...so basically what I'm saying is that if it isnt blown the problem shouldbe be easy to find and correct unless its inside of another componenet such as your cd player pre-amps and if u cant find anything you may have had a bad day. HEAT and MELTED should be key words for this one i.e. bad connection or short

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.