Help first 10k system

Ok so I have 2 nsv3 12s going in a 2004 Tahoe(daily driver). I am kind of struggling on what I should do exactly with electrical. Right now I have in mind a 370a alt, two runs, power and ground, of 2/0 welding cable, and 2 Crescendo Logic HPL120.

Haven't picked an amp out just yet but the TaraAmp 20k seems reasonable.

I could be way off on this so any good advice to point me more in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

50' 2 0 Excelene Welding Cable 25 ft Red 25 ft Black USA Made 105 EPDM Jacket | eBay

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.

I just found out they are sold out of the batteries i wanted. any recommendation?

Also some ppl are saying to just ground to chassis and not run full grounds from front to back. Anyone have the time to explain what I need to do?

Thanks.
I just found out they are sold out of the batteries i wanted. any recommendation?

Also some ppl are saying to just ground to chassis and not run full grounds from front to back. Anyone have the time to explain what I need to do?
Any big group 31 agm. If you have a sears or sams around you id get the die hard platinums they have a 4 year warranty that you can just walk into the store and exchange. When buying "audio" brand batteries youre just paying for the name

I'm not a huge fan of the 20k look into the newer 15k a much better daily amp. As far as the alt look into a decent dual 270 or 300a kit if you can afford it dual 370's. And batteries like posted above.

thanks for the advice everyone. is there any advice/tips/secrets you can give me about doing this big of a system? things to watch out for? any place i can research? ive looked all over for a detailed build to kind of guide me through but am having a hard time finding info.

Thanks to everyone again. your time is MUCH appreciated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx4Rnt9dGtU, 2 12s on 20k would be dope, Xs Power batts forsure,they have a faster discharge recharge rate than any cheap deep cycles, but for a daily it doesn't matter
That's the problem deep cycle. What to look for If you want a battery that can discharge a lot fast is a low esr that's why i prefer smaller batteries in larger quantities smaller batteries have a naturally lower esr.

Any big group 31 agm. If you have a sears or sams around you id get the die hard platinums they have a 4 year warranty that you can just walk into the store and exchange. When buying "audio" brand batteries youre just paying for the name
thanks for the advice everyone. is there any advice/tips/secrets you can give me about doing this big of a system? things to watch out for? any place i can research? ive looked all over for a detailed build to kind of guide me through but am having a hard time finding info.
Thanks to everyone again. your time is MUCH appreciated
If you plan to run 10KW into a pair of 12's you had better find a good source for recone parts and learn to build your own woofers. You will be breaking things constantly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.