HELP FOR A NOOB buying a system

Hookedup12
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
NC
Whats going on everybody...

Well im not sure what to do my amp has a 1200w max and 400rms@4ohms and 600rms@2ohms and I am getting a single Dcon 12(for now, might upgrade to sa-12 later due to the rms matches perfect) for an ext. cab toyota tacoma. It rms' at 300 and I was wondering 1.) would it be fine to push 400 watts to the dcon on a daily basis. 2.) Is it good sub? any experiance 3

should be ok if the gains are set right,you putting the box on the back seat or floor.i also have a dual 4 15 inch sub for sale that will take your power and then some if interested

i have a 15 inch ascendant sub for sale on the forum here,if you want a new amp i can order one for you and have it shipped directly to you from the warehouse .but i need a budget for the amp

I'm putting it in the seat behind me and what should I do if that sub is 4ohm get a single voice coil or dual voice coil. Because I want to run the amp at 4ohms with that sub. And what kind of 15 is it

You wouldn't have a 12 sub for sale would you ?? Cause i want to keep one seat open in the back and I don't have quite enough airspace for one

unless you wanna new sub,i only have the 15 for sale ,but it will take a 3 cub.ft box pretty easy and sound good.if you know how to build a box i can n give you a basic design for the sub ,that will sound good and low

A SKAR Audio VVX-12 would work very well with what your trying to accomplish. They are a very underrated sub, the can take a ton more power than what they recommend to put towards them. As far as box designs if your needing help with those you can pm me and I can help you out. I have over 100 different designs for boxes. The VVX is perfect for many reasons of what your looking for. The other brands that you mentioned are over priced. You can get a better sub, from SKAR for half the price you can for the ones you have mentioned. Just let me know. I am here to help bud.

A SKAR Audio VVX-12 would work very well with what your trying to accomplish. They are a very underrated sub, the can take a ton more power than what they recommend to put towards them. As far as box designs if your needing help with those you can pm me and I can help you out. I have over 100 different designs for boxes. The VVX is perfect for many reasons of what your looking for. The other brands that you mentioned are over priced. You can get a better sub, from SKAR for half the price you can for the ones you have mentioned. Just let me know. I am here to help bud.
The DCON is over priced?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.