Help in choosing some components

boston pro60's would do the trick... they seem to fit your needs. I happen to have a set for sale in the classified section... For a little more i have a set of boston Z6's as well.

i am in the same market for comps. a lot have recommended the Pioneers, but can they handle the 150wrms? arent they rated for a lot less?

i am in the same market for comps. a lot have recommended the Pioneers, but can they handle the 150wrms? arent they rated for a lot less?
They'll handle 2x150W RMS no problem, as long as the power is clean. To me, the mids really come alive at the 2x150W mark, as opposed to their rated 2x50W RMS.

I have had the Pro60's in the past and actually liked my Type X comps better.

I will be running a 6.5" and tweet in each door off of a 75x4 @ 4 ohm amplifier.

Another thing that I guess should be mentioned, is that I will be placing these in their stock location (except the tweet) with a deadened door. The car is a 2009 nissan sentra (4 door) and will be running stock 6x9's off of HU power.

Once again, I would like something VERY clean that also gets loud while doing it. Plan on running 2 apex jr 8's for substage on roughly 300wrms each.

^ Some people may say so as they are crossed at 2000 hz/ 12db slope and seem a bit bright while running through the passive. Although i will say that the tweeter tends to tame down a good amount after a few weeks of listening. Once the tweet is "burned in" it is very nice. Articulite while not so in your face obnoxious. I've found that keeping the tweet at -3db helped level things out as it tends to be somewhat over-efficient at 9k hz plus and in my opinion this is their ONLY downfall. A -6db attenuation on the passive would've been a good thing for this set. Posistioning of the tweet also comes into play. You have to find what spots in your car work well for your tastes but I will say that having these on-axis will bring out the brightness a little more then preferred with this set in passive form and got better results running them off-axis, Just my 02. Now, If going active, IMO crossing the PRS's at 3.5k hz is the optimum x-over point for these as the mid drivers tends to really open up without beaming or things of that matter. The tweets become less raspy(female vocals only caused this from my experience even with a good bit of EQing) and they are extremely accurate. For the $240 or so that these can be bought for they are VERY hard to beat. Midbass is impressive as all hell and the overall music reproduction is right on point. Awesome comp set
good post right here.own the PRS's myself.i love my prs's,i had hertz hsk before them and would say the PRS were an upgrade

JBL c608GTi II 150w rms but it can take more! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

JBL c608GTi II 150w rms but it can take more! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Hmmm.....that doesn't look all that bad. Guess 1 more to check out, LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.