Help me build a system in my 06 bmw 325i

Participant count
  • Participant list

juicy_jj
10+ year member

st.louis
Ok guys i kinda new at this so bear with me..I have a 2006 bmw 325i that i would like to build a system into. I plan on building the system slowly starting with an amp and sub. Then later a flip out dvd nav head unit and last some mids and tweets for my doors. I listen to mostly classic rock with some rap.

I reciently purchased a used Digital Audio 12' comp sub in a sealed wedge box, and a Rockford Fosgate punch 400 amp. I am considering putting the sub in the trunk and bridging the amp to 1 channel. I purchased the sub and amp for 75 bucks from a friend so if it doesnt sound good then im only out 75 bucks. First off how do you guys think this will sound?? I dont have a ski hole in the back seat going to the truck but there is a pannel that you can remove to cut one out. Do i need to make a ski hole?? The punch 400 amp i had tested out to 588 watts x1. Will that be enough amp for that sub??

If you guys dont think that will sound very good then i was considering purchasing a jl audio 12w6 and a jl audio 500x1 amp. Would a 500x1 jl audio amp be enough for a 12w6 sub? Im looking to go as cheap as possible so i will prolly be purchasing my stuff off ebay. Do you guys have any other suggestions for a sub and amp?

Second i would like to install a dvd nav head unit but not for another couple of months, first im going to do the sub and amp. What would be the cheapest dvd nav head unit that i should look for?? MY bmw onlly has a single din place for a head unit so i have to have a flip out.

Last i would like to install a set of front and rear mids and tweets. The onlly thing is that i want something that is better than the factory speakers, which i think are very very good for stock. What would be a good set of mids and tweets for the doors??

Thanks guys im looking forward to hearing your responces!

First off, are you going for SPL or SQ, or a mixture of the 2? Whats the model on the DD sub? Is the box ported or sealed? What is your budget if the DD and Rockford amp don't work out for you?

Ok guys im lookiing for sound quality and something that is quick..

My budget is around 750 bucks for the sub and amp, if the DA sub and RF amp doesnt sound good enough.

I only paid 75 bucks for the DA sub and RF amp so its not much of a loss. How do you guys feel about the jl audio 10w6?? Would a jl audio 500x1 amp be enough for a 10w6??

Thaster- are you selling your sub and amp??

Keep the advice and responces comming, im about to go to work so it will be tonight before im back on the board.

You guys have a kickass board too!

I only paid 75 bucks for the DA sub and RF amp so its not much of a loss. How do you guys feel about the jl audio 10w6?? Would a jl audio 500x1 amp be enough for a 10w6??

Thaster- are you selling your sub and amp??
lol no. im just giving u a suggestion

Juicy JJ,

Just to make sure, Your talking aout the E90 correct? BMW sealed trunks are know to kill Bass, your best bet is going to be a very good Comp Set up front and remove the rear speaker to vent the bass into the cabin. I have a E46 and before removing the rear speakers all my bass was muffled(tried Sealed and Ported setups). With BMW less (Done Properly) is better.

As far as the Ski hole if you have an armrest you should remove the panel and keep your rear speakers. I did not have a rear armrest and removing the speakers were the cleanest option.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.