Help me decide please

frigid

Number of subs preferred: 1 or 2

Size preferred (if configuration allows): 12

Budget: up to 1000$

Power to be used (which amp(s), include which resistance): no clue

Space available (at work can't measure): 2007 Accord v-6 Ex-L coupe 12.8 cubic feet says google

Goals: I would like to keep my stock head unit. I will within the next month or two replace the door and read speakers which I would prefer not to power with an amp. I would like to have 1-2 subs that sound good and that you can feel, but I don't want to scare the neighbors pets if you know what I mean. After reading this forum and others everywhere I look someone mentions Sundown Audio so for the brand maybe go with 1 or 2 SA-12? I see them on amazon for $214.99each(no clue if that is a good price). I have no idea what amp to buy and I'm trying to grasp the concept of ohms and amps but its a bit confusing. I would prefer to buy a box if possible but will build one if I must. I want to be able to use my stock battery as well. If you have better suggestions I am open for them. Thank you all for your help!!

I just messeged you back. There are a few options you have. Id opt for lower priced gear so that you could add an agm to your budget.

The CAB ultras are 179 right now which is a steal.

Pair them with the cab 1600 and you are at 560.

This is quite a bit cheaper than the sa12 and sae1500 or 2k. A good secondary batt is the juicebox black 50ah for 120$. That brings you to 780. Plenty of $ left for amp kit and materials to make a box

I just messeged you back. There are a few options you have. Id opt for lower priced gear so that you could add an agm to your budget.

This is quite a bit cheaper than the sa12 and sae1500 or 2k. A good secondary batt is the juicebox black 50ah for 120$. That brings you to 780. Plenty of $ left for amp kit and materials to make a box
That's some great advice... and the battery should be necessary ... what would you say to a couple of 1250 RMS subs and that CAB amp to power them for $600 new... if you want to run more power eventually... the subs will be already bought... you can get all 3 items for $600 shipped... https://www.skaraudio.com/collections/evl-series/products/evl-12?variant=28435830349 ... I've hear great things about those CAB subs but the EVL's deliver as well... and I know from experience they go LOW really well... just another budget option... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsCV_SyyyJQ ... granted there are 2 CAB's in my setup but they are strapped at 4 ohms so 1 CAB at 1 ohm will be nicely powering them. $600 adding the Juicebox will be $720... there are lots of options...

wow yeah that'd be great even cheaper u can just run 1 of those ultras at 2 ohm off that cab., 2 of those thing will be real loud if thats what u going for thats a deal on those ultras..

I will vouch for the cab ultra!! nice design loud*199 new 179* b stock which doesn't seem available
I'd go with the Skar... same price for more RMS and excursion... just don't go by their factory box specs.

On the power hes planning to run, the ultras would annhilate the EVL. The EVL has a weak motor, and much higher moving mass than the Ultra. Thats a recipe for low output on roughly half rated. The EVL needs a huge box as is.

Lastly, xmax is within a mm or 2, which will be negated by low power.

The Evl is an ok sub, but in this application the Ultra is superior

Ronin, did yours end up breaking in?
Heres an old video of mine on sax1200 @1 getting pretty low

Yes and the ultra is quite the sub its loud!!!

also if you go that route with just a single sub I would run the cab

at 1ohm.... currently using a scv2000

Looks like a pair of those will get rowdy... I'm tuned to 30 hz in the video and it goes LOW... all the way past 24hz with authority... they're not ZV5's by any means... but they do all right in a correct box... I think Skar has gotten a bad rep due to the Owner's past shenanigans but they do conduct business the right way now... it's 60/40 in favor of the Skar...

They still dont conduct the greatest business. They still cut corners. The product is ok for the price. I used to be on Team Skar. The product was much better when it was jacobs designs on subs and good korean boards. Its not what it used to be. Its still better than alot of mainstream stuff. But its absolutely not on par with Sundown, DC, IA etc

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.