Help me pick out a complete system for my car.

kevin25
10+ year member

Michigan
Ok guys I want to get a system for my 2004 neon. I decided not to go with rear fills. I need your advice on what to get, tommorow i am going to call cartunes by me and ask them for a price.

What subwoofers do you guys suggest, I am thinking of a 12" or 10"?

I was thinking about the alpine 9887 head unit.

I am not sure on components, although i hear good things about the rsdg 6.5"

I have no idea were to start with a amp?

My budget is going to be around $2000

I know door deadining is important so I am also considering getting this done!

Thanks

Youll save money or get better equipment for your money if you don't buy the equipment there. They may cut you somewhat of a deal if you do everything there, but in the end I think you will still get more for your money buying elsewhere.

Ok then I will try and install all this myself. Here is where I am going to start. How does this look so far? Also how do I hook up the front speakers all the way to the back into the trunk where I am putting the amp., do i have to tape off the stock wire and run completely new wire?

http://audiosavings.com/product_details.aspx?item_guid=767e9c4a-3e3b-4e48-8a27-7a13f9c0a9fe&category_guid=7617d28f-f8fa-4c53-b172-133ce952abd6

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17193

Is this amp kit any good?

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=18711

for 2k you can get a very nice setup. how about before you even buy anything go spend some money on some deadening material and do that to your car.

I plan on deadening the two front doors and still not sure on the trunk yet. Thats just it, I need some help on an awesome setup!

Shop around the classifieds. There are plenty of GREAT people here who sell better **** and better prices than any audio shop. Search around the boards for different brand names and sizes of equipment and see what other people say about "X" brand and product.

This is the BEST way to spend you money if you ask me. I prefer used stuff as long as you know who your getting it from (reptutable people on the boards).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.