HELP me wire plz

CrazyKenKid
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Canada
okay guys i need to pick your brains! here is what i have!

one orion 8002, which i want to run 2 JBL 8" sub woofer off of it. i was wondering how or what is the safest way of doing this.

orion 8002

Power Output:

2 x 200W @ 4 Ohms

2 x 400W @ 2 Ohms

1 x 800W @ 4 Ohms

JBL subs SINGLE COIL

Power Handling, RMS 200 Watts

Power Handling, Peak 800 Watts

Sensitivity 91dB

Impedance 4 Ohms

so can someone help me out with this wiring project! i think i want to wire it positive to negative on each channel, basicaly i think i want to run one sub off of one channel and the other sub off of the other channel is this the correct way to do this or is there a better way? plz and thanks

Ken

oo one more thing then i wnat to run them in separate boxs the circular boxes what is your opoin on those type of boxes?

too bad those subs aren't 2 ohms.
I wonder what kind of power output it'll get bridged at 8 ohms.

...somewhere around 400 probably, maybe 500 or more?
...the same as what it will give into 4 ohms per channelX2, seeing as, running it at 8ohms bridged, each channel has 4 ohms on it... lol

hey man hwo are you going to get banned for your stupidity? and thank you all for you help it has been most apriated!

Kenneth!

hey man hwo are you going to get banned for your stupidity? and thank you all for you help it has been most apriated!
Kenneth!
I didn't change my sig to that, an idiot moderator did, so, I left it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

by separate chambers, we meant, that if you're using a single big box for both subs, that you'd need to have a divider down the middle, inside the box, between the subs, so they are in their own separate air space

aww i got you that is a good idea thanks so much for that idea, o hey one more quesiton sorry i knwo it is getting annoying by now but what is your opion on sealed boxes? like if the box is sealed hwo does the air get out of the box? and if it is seal does the ssub have a higher tendence to blow?

Air doesn't get out of a sealed box, hence the name sealed. No it doesn't have a higher tendency to blow. I prefer sealed boxes, they fit my taste in sound better than ported boxes. Typically they aren't as loud as ported boxes, but they are crisper and tighter with the bass notes. This is all install dependent though, there are some great sq setups out there that us ported boxes.

aww i got you that sounds good then thanks for the advice. and actualy i think a sealed may work a little better b/c with it being ported it is a bigger box and i have a smaller spot so maybe the sealed will help to free up some space! thank again!

...the same as what it will give into 4 ohms per channelX2, seeing as, running it at 8ohms bridged, each channel has 4 ohms on it... lol
The resistance doesn't break down into 4 ohms each channel, it's still 8 ohms of resistance. The amp probably increases the voltage on the bridged channels, it is 1 channel, and the amperage stays constant.

I'm wondering how the amp will react to a 8ohm load. You increase the resistance, decrease the amperage, maybe when the amp isn't pushing as many amps as 4 ohms bridged the voltage may go up, then you'll be getting over 400 watts.

But there is no 8ohm bridged rating, so who knows if it'll work any better or at all.

thanks everyone for your help you have been a great help. i think since i have such a powerful amp i will run 4 of those subs off of it. i will put 2 per channel and i will run them in 2ohm mode, since that amp offers 400rms at 2ohm i can hook up 2 4ohm subs to each channel...does that sound right to you guys? and i will be going with 4 seperate sealed boxes i wil place one in each corner of my truck..! i will take pics and see what everone thinks! thanks guys and hit me bakc if that sound fuked up what i jsut said i wanted to do! thansk!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.