Help on choosing 6.5 component speakers

InfinityEclipse

Around
Guys, I need some help on selecting a new speaker set up. My set up is as follows:

-Eclipse cd 5030 hu

-Infinity mono amp powering an infinity 10 sub

-Infinity 4 channel amp powering 2 sets of infinity reference 6.5 component speakers

While I'm happy with the clarity of the speakers I find that the tweeters are sometimes "too lively" (sharp) for me and would like a little more in the mid. As I am looking at different speakers right now I think it important to note that I'm not building a comp system just something that I am happy with so I'm not interesting in spending $300 for 1 set of speakers. I'd like to keep the budget under $300 for the four speakers and preferably at the $250 range, like I said I'm not building a comp system.

I'm interested in clarity with out the sharp edge and a little more mid. I'm set up for 6.5 speakers right know and would like to keep the component system. Your help is greatly appreciated. Advise is also appreciated since I am no means an expert in this department.

AMP info:

4-channel car amplifier

111 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (139 watts x 4 at 2 ohms)

278 watts RMS x 2 bridged output at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)

front and rear variable high-/low-pass filters (32-320 Hz, 12 dB/octave)

variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 50 Hz)

MOSFET power supplies

Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)

preamp- and speaker-level inputs

preamp outputs

8-gauge power and ground leads with a 60A fuse recommended

fuse rating: 30A x 2

If you can go to any of your local retailers and try to get a demo of all the good brands they have. Everybody has a different idea for the sound they want, one of my personal favorite inexpensive speakers are the pioneer TSD series. They have great midbass and pretty smooth sounding. Best of luck to you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.