help on strut

Participant count
  • Participant list

corto
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
My strut mount when out a couple weeks ago on my drivers side back tire. When it broke the strut bolt came threw my trunk and broke my trunk hinge on the side.

Yesterday took the tire off and got the main bolt thats in my trunk that hold that holds the strut and heated that bolt up with a torch and got it out. Then went down to the 2 other strut bolts that mount it at the tire. These 2 were hard to get out got the nuts off and read in the manual that you are suppose to drive the bolts out that are connecting the strut to the knuckle and no luck. Tried everything possible in my garage of getting those 2 out and no luck. Beated on it with a brass hammer , bent a heavy duty C clamp and soaked it in penetrating oil over night. The bolt it self has a weird head on it not liek a normal bolt its like flat on 2 side and just not a normal bolt head. Anyadvice on this? have you ever had problems like this. How could a shop be more magical than i could is there a certain tool they have? any advcie would help thankz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.