Help with remote start!

NhustlaR
10+ year member

Below me
avatal 4100 going in a bone stock 99 saturn.

It's all hooked up, but for some reason the car starts for like one second, then stops.... any suggestions?

I looked in the manual and it told me to reprogram the starter time, but i dont really understand what it's talking about. It says

" If frature 2 is programmed to the voltage sence setting, the crank time must be set to the appropriate duration. The default setting is .6 seconds. If a different crank time is desired, delect feature 5 (while pressing the program switch) and press the channel 2 button to advance through the LED settings. The unit will flash the LED to indicate which time is selected. Once the 4.0 second setting is reached the next press of the channel 2 button will reset the system back to the .6 second setting.

I dont know what channel 2 is, or how to advance through the settings. I couldnt find anything in the manual either.

Also, I tried doing the tach learning by starting the car and holding the program switch. it says the LED will become constant when the tach signal is learned, but when i do it, the led only flashes.

help! haha //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

no need for a bitwritter. did you go to the white wire at the ignition module? it is at the top left rear of the motor. how did you connect it? solder, t-tap or wrapped and taped?

I got it all set lol it was the wrong tach..... I had the dmm on milliamps when i checked it the first time. I ended up wiring it to an injector wire and it fires up fine....

Now, When it is started, a relay in the 4100 switches on and off about every 5-10 seconds. It makes the dash lights flash on and off aswell....

I am going to try to tackle it tomorrow, but If anyone knows what the relays are for in the module, or what could be going wrong I would appreciate it.

Thanks again!

Nick

I wish i knew someone around here that was firmiliar with remote starts/ alarms... i feel like a prick/newb for asking so many questions on here.

I guess you gotta look somehow.

ok so it's just a light flash relay in the transmitter that is popping on/off?

thanks again for all of the help, its really been a lot of informative and helpful info.

Thanks guys!

Nick

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.