Help!

noob24
10+ year member

Im looking to get a good set of door speakers for my 2000 mustang. after reading on the forums, it seems like a solid choice would be the Pioneer REVs. My factory door speaker size is 6x8, but from what ive read 6-1/2s will sound much better. Ive also read how to go about mounting a 6-1/2 speaker in a 6x8 spot. i was just wondering if anyone on here has dealt with the same thing on a stang... itd be a shame to get excited about these speakers and order them only to find that they wont fit. i guess a little reassurance will go a long way here lol.

Personally, I don't think you will be able to tell the difference in sound between a 6x8" and a 6.5" of the same make. If you are set on getting the REVs, you might as well get the 6x8" speakers. I have a Ford as well, the reason I went with a 6.5" is because there were many more options available for components (separate woofer/tweeter).

What kind of budget do you have for these? Maybe we could make some alternative suggestions.

There is a bunch of people on here with mustangs who can probably give you first hand experience. I would agree if your sticking with Coaxials than the size wouldn't matter all that much. For component speakers definitly look at getting 6.5" or so. If your on a budget check out the Phoenix Gold RSD's they get great reviews all around and probably cost about as much as a decent set of 6x8's If your looking at the Pioneer Rev coaxials or components then they are a solid set as well and would definitly be a good place to start, probably some of the best coaxials out.

I actually went out to an audio store to check the 6/5 revs out first hand, and loved em, so i had to impulse buy lol. i have 2 audiobahn AS69Q 6x9s for the rear, if i could do it over again id prolly go with something else, but im not looking to win a competition or anything, just step up from what i had. if you guys have any suggestions on an amp to power these please let me know, i decided on the revs by reading on these forums.. you all seem very well informed. i have no idea what a good amp would be for components much less my subs. thanks for posting keep it comin :p

i have a 97 gt and 6.5's are a pain in the ass to make work the door pannel is very hard to get back on. it can be done! but if your just getting Coaxials then stick with 6x8's, there will be no difference in sound unless you get a really good pair of 6.5 component speakers. stick with coaxials.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.