Hertz HCX 165

grunt66
10+ year member

I recently purchased the Hertz HSK 165 for the front of my 2008 Toyota Tacoma double cab. I was unable to find any information on the Hertz HCX 165 coaxial speaker that I want to put in the rear doors. I have read that many on this web site do not believe in rear (fill speakers) but I want them.

Does anyone have any information on this speaker? I listened to the Hertz HSK 165's and I bought them. I want a coaxail speaker that will match the Hertz 165's in the front of the vehicle, hence the reason I am looking at the Hertz HCX 165 coaxial.

Any and all information is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

not much to say about them...

coaxials to match your front components:crap:

excellent speakers though, doing a set in my rear doors when i decide to install them

The speakers are the 6 1/2 coaxial.

Does anyone know of a Hertz dealer in San Diego County in California? Looking at the Hertz web site there is no information on dealers in the U.S.

What is the cost of HCX 165’s?

I listened to the HSK 165’s in my friend’s vehicle and I was sold on them. I was able to pick up the HSK 165’s from a friend.

I know that it sounds weird that I want to match the coaxial to the front component speakers. Many years ago I put some MB Quarts components in the front of my other vehicle with a 12” sub in the back. To me it sounded it like it was missing something. After consulting with my installer, he installed a 6 ½ coaxial in the back in the stock speaker location and we both agreed that we liked sound coming from the rear. I guess the correct term to use it that it complimented the front speakers or contributed to the whole sound experience.

I am at the beginning stages of upgrading the stock system in the Tacoma.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.