Hertz or morel

oranges325

Hi guys first time on this forum and i need suggestions. I have a budget of $1000-$2000.

I have a BMW 328i 2011. What would be the best speaker to go into my car? I am looking for more of a sound quality type system and I do plan to get a sub woofer later on. I want a basic system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check your depth. You may have to do some modifications. All the good drivers from those two are deeper.
Oh ok. I will check that. What would be a fair price for those 2 brands? I'm not experienced at all with installation, so I will most likely have the audio shop install them for me.

You need to do more than just add a amp. That will sound like crap.
Well I know there's more to it. But I know the main stuff that I know I will need. Speakers, amp,and sub. I'm pretty sure there is other stuff also.

Like I said I'm new to car audio and that is why I plan to have the shop do the installation for me.

What do you recommend I should do?

I will be using the stock head unit and I will also be being an amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gonna sound like sh*t in a stock head unit and stock doors with no acoustical treatments. Sound quality is not a simple swap and play.

You definitely need factory integration Digital sound processing. Like jbl ms-8, arc audio ps8, helix dsp, rockford 3sixty.3

Get a hertz hsk xl set for your fronts, most okay name brands of class a/b amps would work fine, doesnt have to be hertz, morel or audison, 200 to 300 price range should get you something nice. Actually you can just get a 5 channel amp if you are planning to add a sub woofer. Or you can get a DSP amp that has dsp feature on the amp already

The rest of your money should go to install as in proper mounting, baffle, speaker positioning, deadening, acoustical door treatments, RTA tuning etc...

Whatever is left can go to a sub in a sealed box.

Gonna sound like sh*t in a stock head unit and stock doors with no acoustical treatments. Sound quality is not a simple swap and play.
You definitely need factory integration Digital sound processing. Like jbl ms-8, arc audio ps8, helix dsp, rockford 3sixty.3

Get a hertz hsk xl set for your fronts, most okay name brands of class a/b amps would work fine, doesnt have to be hertz, morel or audison, 200 to 300 price range should get you something nice. Actually you can just get a 5 channel amp if you are planning to add a sub woofer. Or you can get a DSP amp that has dsp feature on the amp already

The rest of your money should go to install as in proper mounting, baffle, speaker positioning, deadening, acoustical door treatments, RTA tuning etc...

Whatever is left can go to a sub in a sealed box.
Thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely do some more research on sound acoustics and deadening and all that good stuff.

you will need someone to do tuning on it after the parts are installed

make sure whatever shop you use has someone who can tune the system and dsp , not simply install it

its interesting to hear OP open thread with saying looking for sound quality system , and ending that post with i want a basic system

See how far you are from simplicity in sound
OP their in Milpas Ca

simplicity in sound , reminds me I need to see how long until Bing is done with my new kick panels and A pillars

See how far you are from simplicity in sound
I am actually really close to their shop. I actually might go there but they don't open during the weekends.

---------- Post added at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

its interesting to hear OP open thread with saying looking for sound quality system , and ending that post with i want a basic system

OP their in Milpas Ca

simplicity in sound , reminds me I need to see how long until Bing is done with my new kick panels and A pillars
Well I know what I want in my system and don't want to overboard with buying stuff I don't need. Only what is required to have a good basic system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.