Hidden Car Stereo

Participant count
  • Participant list

Madd Matt

NY
I recently purchased a cool kit car that is without any stereo or speakers. Before I plunk down some hard earned cash to pick them up, though, I got to thinking: What if somebody steals it?

In poking around under the dash, it appears that there is plenty of room up there to do something interesting but I have no idea how to pull it off.

What I am thinking is to mount the head unit on a movable track behind the dash. At the flip of a switch, it could drop down so I could change settings or whatever and then it recesses back up. Most of the time I would be streaming music from my android anyway so I could adjust volume/answer the phone that way.

Any ideas on how I would pull this off?

thanks,

MM

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.