Hideaway Sub Hookup

Participant count
  • Participant list

ognib

I installed the JL Fix-82 in my truck and I am not sure I have the subwoofer(s) hooked up optimally. The truck had a factory sub in it and I had a Kicker Hideaway lying around so I hooked it in line with the factory sub before the amp. It made a big difference before the Fix-82. Now it seems to have lost some of its might. When I hooked up the Fix, I spliced in to the sub feed lines to feed it. Would the cobbled up mess I have be the best way to hook up the kicker or should I remove it from that line all together and let it do its thing by its self?

if you have them in parallel then you may be wiring the output of the factory amplifier below rated impedence. i would unplug the factory sub and use just the kicker hideaway sub and see if its any better. running two different subs is a bad idea due to cancellation, on top of the problems that can arise from running two things in parallel like that causing the overall impedence to drop too low

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.