Hifonics

conn.am
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Okay im excited because i have a Hifonics BXi 2006D amp arriving today and i was reading a review and the customer wasnt satisfied with his amp. I was just wondering what your opinion is on hifonics. If you've used them please share your experiance and if you know anything about them plz share that too. Im using it to power two alpine type r's.

Its simple- search.

Lots of people love Hifonics, they are regarded as good bang for the buck amps.

On the other hand, lots of people have issues with them........

they are or were overrated power wise. i think they put out rated power now. my first amp was a 2ch hifonics though, worked well for my application though, i was happy with it. i probably wouldn't buy another now though, but as stated above good bang for the buck.

I own 2 Hifonics amps.. and I must say, by Christmas, i'll be upgrading to Elemental Designs. They are decent for the money, but that's about it.

My bx1000d was fine for about a year. I was pushing it too hard and it started to have a few problems. Some of the new Hifonics stuff is okay. Definetly a "good bang for the buck" for budget systems though.

I've had three Hifonics amps. The first amp I ever owned was a Hifonics Warrior 100x2. That was probably 8 or 9 years ago I guess. It is still powering the mids in my Tahoe and has been through 3 vehicles. It has been in near constant everyday use since I've had it. My second Hifonics amp was a BX1000D that I ran for right at a year. I ran it at 1 ohm and ran it daily, sometimes for hours and never a problem. Now I have a BXI2006D. I've had it for a few months and I'm loving it.

I never had quality issues with my bxi2006d, but it barely pushed the type-r's i rented from best buy.

You may need a 2nd one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Solid amp, in my experience, but i was honestly shocked at what a little amount of power it put out.

I have a BX1000D ive had for about 2 years now and been running it at 1 ohm pushing my Death Penalty and hasnt given out on me yet. Im happy with it. I want to sell it actually to buy a newer line and get a more powerful Hifonics amp on top of that.

ED is an upgrade, IMO.

The NiNe.1 and NiNe.2x are better than the 2 amps I have. I have the BXi1206D and the ZXi 4006, and they aren't putting out very much power at all, especially the 4006.

I own 2 Hifonics amps.. and I must say, by Christmas, i'll be upgrading to Elemental Designs. They are decent for the money, but that's about it.
Not taking a very big leap there home-skillet. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.