holy SMOKE!

Jeb
10+ year member

AR
Alright so being a college student and all I found myself not having the time or the resources to build a box for my new car... then when Christmas comes around I decide to throw some of money at dealer and have them 'profesionally' do it. I had them build me a box for 2 12's ported wrapped in vinyl... after waiting all afternoon to get my car back (I had to drive two hours to get to the shop, but I happened to be in town that day) they had not finished the box... well i agreed to come back so they could finish the job... and after leaving my car with them all i week i return to find they have done a sloppy job taking care of my car... a brand new cd bought the day of giving them the car was found on the floor of the passenger seat scratched so badly it would not play(i had left it in the cd player), i also found that the eye for my remote that connects to my steering wheel had been knocked out (no more steering wheel controls)... and prolly the thing that ticked me off the most was that there was dirt all in my back seat of my new car!! but with all of this i was forgiving and remained courteous.

Two days later I am driving along with the windows down and i start to hear a scratching noise coming from my subs... i turn off the radio and when i get home open the hatch only to find smoke coming from the port as though it were a chimney... and one of my subs was extremely hot to the touch... i assume this to be due to improper gain setting however i am not familiar with this (why i had it professionally done). My question is what do i do now? Should i tell the installer to replace my sub since he was the one who adjusted the gains? Or do i have to cut my losses? I should also add that I ran this same setup in my previous vehicle having NO PROBLEMS whatsoever! Anyways your advice would be greatly appreciated

you paid for a "professional" install job and they gipped you big. i'd go back to them and ask them why they had to take the cd out of the player and they should replace that along with the bad sub.

they could blame it on you for "playing it too loud" or "not knowing what you're doing". worse comes to worst, talk to a lawyer.

at LEAST go back and see what they say... definatly dont want to do nothing about this... sounds like they really did do a half ass* job with your install and who knows, it could of even gotten your new car caught on fire

Self installs FTW! Remember that! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Alright so being a college student and all I found myself not having the time or the resources to build a box for my new car... then when Christmas comes around I decide to throw some of money at dealer and have them 'profesionally' do it. I had them build me a box for 2 12's ported wrapped in vinyl... after waiting all afternoon to get my car back (I had to drive two hours to get to the shop, but I happened to be in town that day) they had not finished the box... well i agreed to come back so they could finish the job... and after leaving my car with them all i week i return to find they have done a sloppy job taking care of my car... a brand new cd bought the day of giving them the car was found on the floor of the passenger seat scratched so badly it would not play(i had left it in the cd player), i also found that the eye for my remote that connects to my steering wheel had been knocked out (no more steering wheel controls)... and prolly the thing that ticked me off the most was that there was dirt all in my back seat of my new car!! but with all of this i was forgiving and remained courteous.
Two days later I am driving along with the windows down and i start to hear a scratching noise coming from my subs... i turn off the radio and when i get home open the hatch only to find smoke coming from the port as though it were a chimney... and one of my subs was extremely hot to the touch... i assume this to be due to improper gain setting however i am not familiar with this (why i had it professionally done). My question is what do i do now? Should i tell the installer to replace my sub since he was the one who adjusted the gains? Or do i have to cut my losses? I should also add that I ran this same setup in my previous vehicle having NO PROBLEMS whatsoever! Anyways your advice would be greatly appreciated
be sure to note the shop in the installer section.

go tell them what happened. if they blame it on you, take them to small claims court. u don't need a lawyer for small claims. don't be afraid to do it, cause it is worth it.

thanks... i paid $350 for all that... and he tried to bump the price up on me after he was done... should've walked away then...

I called them, the guy says they aren't responsible and that i turned my music up too loud... i then asked about him setting gains and he said that he did not adjust them bc he was doing a "rush" job and it sounded good so he left them... so my question is what do i need to do... i have no proof of anything except a blown speaker... but nothing to give evidence that it's his fault... so how would this stand in small claims court any help would be GREATLY appreciated...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.