Home Theater Install Questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

stocktires
10+ year member

Hey guys,

I'm buying my first house shortly and need some help and advice. It will be done in roughly a month so I still have time to make some changes etc. I will have enough cash to do a simple home set-up, nothing too extreme. My layout is a very simple living room. I will be doing a wall mount with a TV of along these lines http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9234492&type=product&id=1218064392605

My questions are more about wiring and doing a very clean install. I plan on having an Apple TV or DVD Player/Receiver. I have an older All-in-One home theater system that I may or may not use.

Sorry if these sound basic or crazy. My first question is how will I connect my Receiver/Apple Tv etc to my TV without ANY wires showing? Is it the norm to run HDMI's through the wall? If so, are there wall outlets for this?

Second, what would be the best way to mount the front speakers? Wall mount as well as they are wired? This is similar to what I want. TV wall mounted as well as speakers and receiver etc out of the way (mine would be mounted below the TV on a shelf) with not a single wire shown.

Please give my some guidance. Thanks!

http://www.htmarket.com/gtc-watson.html

for the clean install you run everything in the wall. There are wall plate sets out there that do rca/hdmi connectors, but it is really just cheaper to buy a blank and cut a hole it it.... the plate will be hidden my the tv/speakers anyway.

41y7ZLFi-cL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

yeah, through the wall. ive been in a house that has the apple accessories, they had holes in the wall in places that couldnt be seen unless you looked behind.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.