How big?

Participant count
  • Participant list

spokey9

5 time International Booty Bandit Gold Meldalist
NE AR
So my battery shop said they can set me up safely with a second battery...so how big do I need to go on my 2nd battery...I want an agm and the system will be a taramps smart 5k, 2 ssa 15" icons plus a kicker cxa360.4 on mids/high...I don't play my stereo with the key off and I primarily listen to it on my commute to and from work (about an hour a day) with the occasional weekend drive for about 2hrs).

My electrical has been done...320 alt, big 3 in 1/0 ofc, my power run are 1/0 ofc same with my ground

So my battery shop said they can set me up safely with a second battery...so how big do I need to go on my 2nd battery...I want an agm and the system will be a taramps smart 5k, 2 ssa 15" icons plus a kicker cxa360.4 on mids/high...I don't play my stereo with the key off and I primarily listen to it on my commute to and from work (about an hour a day) with the occasional weekend drive for about 2hrs).

My electrical has been done...320 alt, big 3 in 1/0 ofc, my power run are 1/0 ofc same with my ground
So I'm planning on installing a Smart 5 down the line and I have a 250 alt, big 3 with 2/0 ofc, 60ah AGM under the hood and 100ah AGM in the rear.

I was told that was overkill for 5k and was more for 6-7.5 k. If you put a 100ah AGM as well your electrical would pretty much match mine with a faster charge time.

Given that I'd say a 50-60 to be safe. A little overkill never hurts IMHO. It's better to be way over than even a little under.

Hope that helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...