How can i make a box that has rounded edges like the ones SPY makes?

Participant count
  • Participant list
easily bro....

first thing.... get a router. since ur not going to be an avid box maker (right?) get the ryobi plundge router from home depot thats like 100 bux.

then get a spiral upcut bit (for cutouts) and a 5/8 or 3/4 roundover bit

If your talking about the ports its called a kerfed port. I use a table saw in which i space each cut about an inch from each other or sometimes 3/4" of an inch. You want to leave about 1/8-3/16 of wood on the top of the cut

easily bro....
first thing.... get a router. since ur not going to be an avid box maker (right?) get the ryobi plundge router from home depot thats like 100 bux.

then get a spiral upcut bit (for cutouts) and a 5/8 or 3/4 roundover bit

If your talking about the ports its called a kerfed port. I use a table saw in which i space each cut about an inch from each other or sometimes 3/4" of an inch. You want to leave about 1/8-3/16 of wood on the top of the cut
Dont listen to this guy LOL jk

i have that exact router man hahaha alright so what else do i need?

im not speaking directly about the port im speaking mostly about the corners of the box. he makes them round like 3/4 circles that are like 2 inches wide

I do NOT have the time to hand sand every edge haha is there no tool that will do that? i have an electric sander maybe that will work

I do NOT have the time to hand sand every edge haha is there no tool that will do that? i have an electric sander maybe that will work
dude, it's already been said, a router with a roundover bit is what you need to round the edges of a box.

I break the edge with a sander and finish with a durablock, it doesn't take long at all and gives you a better finish especially when painting an enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.