how do I get 2ohm for my subs

mr-wolf

Hello I have a boss ph2.1000 2000 watt amp I'm kinda new with amps so need help it says it can but can't figure it out I have 2 12" type R's that are 2 ohm how do I run the amp for 2 ohm for both subs I looked it up only way I seen was run 4 subs but that can't be right can any one help

2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

Ok subs are already In a ported box an I have the amp ontop of the box with the cap but the 2 wires from each port on the for each speaker on the box how do I hook them to the amp or set the amp for the 2 ohm I ha e a other amp that's ppl 2.300 tbats set 2 ohm stable an that one hits so much harder than the 2000 watt an I was told you run the 2000 watt each speaker run to each channel on the amp bit then I was told it was running at 4 ohm but didn't know how to change it to 2 ohm sorry I'm a dummy lol so its a lil hard for me to figure it out lol

An the ppl 2.300 sou ds so much better than the boss 2000 was told cuz its running at 4 ohms bit was looking for the more power for them than the ppl 2.300

So you can use a period to write '2.300' but not a lick of punctuation anywhere else, huh? I can barely understand your last paragraph and I'll leave it at this - the answer has already been given more than once.

Basically, whatever Ohm load you wire to the amp is what the amp will put out. For example, if you have one dual 2 Ohm woofer, and you wire it in parallel, the amp will "see" a 1 Ohm load. That said, the amp will run in a 1 Ohm capacity. Currently, there are no amps on the market where you can physically select what Ohm load you want it to run in. If someone knows of an amp that you can do that to, please let me know. I would be interested in looking at it.

Ok thank you bobinger!!! Like I says I'm dumb about rhis right now and new at it but thank you! And every one else! Sorry about the spelling some me amd some my phone :)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mr-wolf

mr-wolf
oshkosh wi
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
mr-wolf